Husky blues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HHHusky

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
A few weeks back my TE610 was serviced by Runner, and he gave me the bad news that the gearbox output shaft (where the sprocket fits on) was badly damaged. Not sure how this happened, but the reality is that some serious work will be required to fix it. So on the Tuesday morning I phoned the Husky principal agents in Primrose, and explained the problem to Spares Guy 1. Basically I wanted their opinion on what parts I need to replace (based on the spare part list), a price for the different spares, and then a separate quote from them for the actual work. He wasnâ??t to keen to listen to my explanation of the problem, and insisted that I bring the bike in. Due to the logistics involved and fact that the problem was simple to explain I insisted that this was not required. He grudgingly conceded, and promised to phone me back with the relevant prices. I sort of got the feeling he wasnâ??t too committed in this regard, as he made no effort to take my number! By the weekend I had no response, so I went searching for the spare parts list on the internet, identified what I thought were the correct parts, and sent an e-mail to the Primrose e-mail address listed on the Husky website. Having a bad feeling about how things were going, I also sent the same e-mail to a Husky agent in the UK who seemed highly rated. By Monday evening I had my prices from the UK, but by Tuesday nothing yet from Primrose, so I phoned again. Got hold of Spares Guy 2, who knew nothing of my first enquiry or e-mail, so I forwarded the e-mail to him direct. Progress!

No. Friday I phoned again, spoke to Spares Guy 2, but he was too busy to talk, but promised to e-mail me the pricing ASAP. By Tuesday I am really upset, and I phone the Boss Man to explain the kind of service I have been receiving from his staff, and he promises to investigate. Also tells me that I was looking for the wrong shaft, but in any case they donâ??t keep these spare, but that he might have a good second-hand shaft which they will give to me at a â??good priceâ?, and that he will get back to me. Next day Workshop Guy phones and tells me to bring in the bike, and for around R 6000 they will fix it with the second-hand shaft. I ask him for a cost breakdown and spare part numbers, but he canâ??t give it to me â??cause it is written somewhere on a piece of paperâ?, but he does confirm that the second-hand shaft is only R 1500. New one is apparently much more. So I sit an mull this over, and decide to contact my friend in UK again to get his price for a new shaft, and within 24 hours he comes back with the price, roughly R 1000 excl shipping. And they keep stock, and can ship immediately. This canâ??t be right! So next morning I phone Workshop Guy and ask him to please put his quote in writing, with all relevant spare part numbers so that I can be sure that I am comparing the same spares, and I also please quote me on a new shaft â?? if Iâ??m going to be asked to spend R 6000, this might not be a good time to try and save a bit of money. Again, these guys seem to be really busy, and he couldnâ??t talk to me then, but promised to phone back with all the detail. Three days later and nothing, and after almost three weeks of battling with these guys I give up.

Thing is, I absolutely love my TE610, and apart from this problem the bike has been a pleasure. But this kind of arrogant and indifferent service from the principal agent is simply not acceptable, and will certainly influence my decision about what I buy in the future. The sooner BMW takes over the local Husky business the better. So next week itâ??s me, Runner and my friend from the UK, and letâ??s hope she is up and running soon.

In the mean time I am looking for a full-size seat for the Djebel, as the current seat has been modified to fit my 1.55m wife, and I need to ride!

Djebel.jpg