Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Essential additional tools required for Honda AT  (Read 1377 times)

Offline Koet

• T-Rex 700N "The Beast"!
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Splash!
Re: Essential additional tools required for Honda AT
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2018, 07:53:06 am »
Well, I didn't even get an original toolkit with my purchased from new  :xxbah: so i have just found out today,

Will order a Honda specific one this week

Let your dealer know and they will provide you one.  I may still have the extra one I got when I bought mine.  If you don't come right, give me a PM and I'll see if I can find it and then you can have it.
Only Bikers understand why dogs love to stick their heads out car windows.

Offline dieseldawie

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • I like to drink lots of beer
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2018, 07:59:38 am »
Well, I didn't even get an original toolkit with my purchased from new  :xxbah: so i have just found out today,

Let your dealer know and they will provide you one.  I may still have the extra one I got when I bought mine.  If you don't come right, give me a PM and I'll see if I can find it and then you can have it.

Its a waste of time. There is nothing in it you can use, plus if you fit Rockfox Crashbars you have to remove it anyway
Where are my shorts??

Offline Mpandla

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2018, 08:04:11 am »

Its a waste of time. There is nothing in it you can use, plus if you fit Rockfox Crashbars you have to remove it anyway

Agreed., the standard little kit means nothing. Mine is under the seat but might as well leave it at home. I have the bike specific kit from Desert Fox that works really well
KTM 1190 R
Mpandla - The bald one

The following users thanked this post: zebra - Flying Brick

Offline Koet

• T-Rex 700N "The Beast"!
  • Race Dog
  • Splash!
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2018, 08:08:26 am »

Totally agree!
Only Bikers understand why dogs love to stick their heads out car windows.

Offline buzzlightyear

• I'm Buzz Lightyear. I come in peace.
  • Grey hound
  • To infinity and beyond
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2018, 05:49:30 pm »
Question: does one need a hex male socket for the front axle, or do you only need to loosen the nut on the left plus the 4 pinch bolts to be able to remove the front axle? And do you have to remove the calipers or does it just make it easier to put the wheel back?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Offline tau

• hasbeen and a
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • The Tool from Tulbagh
Essential additional tools required for Honda AT
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2018, 08:41:04 pm »
Question: does one need a hex male socket for the front axle, or do you only need to loosen the nut on the left plus the 4 pinch bolts to be able to remove the front axle? And do you have to remove the calipers or does it just make it easier to put the wheel back?
22 mm for axle nut
12mm vir pinch bolts en jy moet een caliper afhaal (14mm) as jy nie die gat kan afdruk nie.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 08:45:43 pm by tau »

The following users thanked this post: buzzlightyear

Offline Weedkiller - Adie

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2018, 04:42:26 pm »
12mm vir pinch bolts en jy moet een caliper afhaal (14mm) as jy nie die gat kan afdruk nie.

Meeste haal op die 800GS ook 'n caliper af. Ek FLEX net die modderskerm oop om die band en rim tussen die calipers deurt te laat gly. Op die 800 is die calipers 80mm uitmekaar en die Mitas is 90mm breed.  Miskien kan dit op die Honda ook werk.

Adie
Laat ons Stof maak.

The following users thanked this post: buzzlightyear