Gamtoos 13 September 08

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fugly

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Ok so I'm not good at this but I'll give it a shot, just a pitty there aren't too many pics.

Rone and I decided to have a ride at 4:15 on Saturday 13 Sept. Just a "quick" beer at the Gamtoos Ferry Hotel.
Well we didn't get there, close though  :thumleft:
We rode the old Cape Road to Van Stadens which is still under construction (sorry no pics "yet") through Thornhill and turned off at Gamtoos mouth and road to the camping ground. We were going to ride through the camping ground (some of which is normally under water) but due to the very high tides, this was impossible as it was probably 1-1.5m deep and you can ride for hundreds of meters in those conditions (will post pics soon when we actually take some)

Anyway we ended up at the camping ground where we found a caravan with 2 beautes that seved beer!  :'( again no pics  :xxbah: but it didn't matter that they weren't cold, they were compared to the waitrons!

Anyway, after slukking several of the golden brown beverages it dawned on us  :imaposer: that the sun was going down! Hallelulia we suddenly remembered that we brought a camera and scrambled to the rivers edge and got a few pics with the sun going down!

On the way home (all tanked up) we enjoyed the "speed calming measures" which some angel kindly graded in the gravel on the way to the bridge! AIR TIME! Was getting dark, no time for pics, raced home through the raging feld fires (too hot and smokey to stop and take pics  :-[) and got home too late to cook for the skirt but that's another story!

We'll make a point of adding more pics next time and yes I'll take the abuse for not getting 1 of the "bar" ladies!

Attachments

• Copy of Gamtoos 1.jpg
    Copy of Gamtoos 1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 172
  • Copy of Gamtoos 2.jpg
    Copy of Gamtoos 2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 173
  • Copy of Gamtoos 3.jpg
    Copy of Gamtoos 3.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 174