Bad Riding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrak

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I am astounded at the way some people ride. I have ridden motorcycles since I was about 12 or 13, mostly off road but in the last 20 years I have done a fair number of kilometers on road. Most of my road riding was on quiet roads as I live in Knysna and before that in Maun. I have however spent the last 2 1/2 years working in Cape Town, so have commuted every day and used my bike to and from Knysna one or two times a month. I cannot understand what people are thinking when they lane split at hate crazed speeds. I often have some arsehole sitting behind me revving and spitting because I am not going fast enough. When they get past they fly down between the cars obviously not capable of understanding that there will be no chance of avoiding the twitchy lane changing cars that grace our highways. I have been overtaken on a long sweeping onramps by superbikes ridden by wannabe Motogp riders with their knees on the road doing at least 3 times my speed, and so many other reckless maneuvers that I cant even recall them all. These all have very sad endings sooner or later. It's dangerous enough riding normally and having to be ready for all the idiots in cars driving inconsiderately. Slow down in traffic! I find lane splitting at 20-30Km/h faster than the traffic more than adequate to get to my destination on time.
Just my thoughts....