Oil in the coolant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grumpleton

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
ok so my naartjie has turned to a lemon again.

I have been noticing that i am getting a residue of oil in the radiator header tank for some time now, (today I took out about a desert spoon full of grey sludge)
also for the last 2 start ups i have had  what looks like steam coming out of the right hand exhaust. could this be the symptoms of a blown head gasket ,

also I am having oil pressure problems , have not had these for some time , but I replaced a oil tank check valve and this seems to be the culprit as it looks like it is either sticking closed or open , today , started the bike , now oil pressure and tank was over flowing, banged the valve with a screw driver and suddenly oil pressure, then again flickering light on idle as the bike gets warm.

so people what could this be or should I finally resort to the 20 L petrol and a box of matches.
Ilove riding this bike , but its starting to get me down now and I have spent nearly the price of a new bike to keep this thing running.