Rockfox Fuel Tanks Almost Done ***Update - Stock Arrives 17th***

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Adendorff

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Hi Guys,

So after years of being annoyed by my father about extra fuel on the bikes and also after years of requests by clients. We finally decided to make one. If you want to see some of the development take a look here. It's about half way down the page. https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=226149.40

For now I just want to show you what it looks like and how it works.

We already have a list of changes we want to make and I will get into that shortly.

Currently the tank currently holds 5.7L
Will fit any of our Pannier racks
Works like the camel Tanks (Through the vent of the main tank)
Made from aluminium
Still allows soft luggage to be used
With minor bracket fabrication it should be made to fit on any rack even with hard luggage. (Space between rack and bike dependent)
Universal tanks will fit all bikes ( Only difference is with the 800 BM as the exhaust is on the left and it needs to be cutout to fit the existing tank)

Some of the changes we will be making

Fuel Volume 6L
Move about 5mm back from the racks for more space for luggage straps ect.
The rear section where the fuel cap sits needs to be more flat, when bike is on the stand it needs to be almost flat
still moving the outlet around ab bit to find the best spot.

We should have some tanks ready by the end of next week. Which we will play around with and modify. Costs I am currently working on that part.

What are your thoughts?

Attachments

• Side View.jpg
    Side View.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 871
  • Top View.jpg
    Top View.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 871
  • Fuel Cap.jpg
    Fuel Cap.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 868
  • Rear View.jpg