701 Enduro Stalling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johan10

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Hi guys,

Hopefully I can get some feedback here...

My 701 has been giving me grief. I have the Rade airbox, GPR exhaust and EVO1 map loaded on the bike.
The bike keeps on stalling when I downshift and blip the throttle. I'll be coming up to a light, coast in third, clutch in, downshift, blip and it just dies. Starts right up when I hit the starter.

This only happens when the bike is warm. The clutch switch is fine and the idle map loads perfectly. It doesn't die if I just pull the clutch and let it idle. Only when I blip the throttle. Sometimes it will "stutter" and the engine nearly dies but most times is just stalls.

I checked the throttle body and air filters seal and it is good. The bike doesn't hang the revs, doesn't idle irregularly, doesn't look for revs so I assume that an air leak is not the issue. Fuel economy is still great so it is not running too rich.

When I blip it feels like the fly-by-wire can't keep up with the movement and it either floods or suffocates the engine. I know that is not very technical but that is the best way I can think of describing it.

My old 990 did the same thing but that had a leak in the fuel line. Once that was sorted it was perfect.

Any ideas where to start looking? Or take it to the dealer and have them sort it out?

Only thing I can think of is a fuel delivery issue? Not so sure if it could be electrical?