Claybricks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crossed-up

Pangaman
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT500
It amazes me that the Brick and Clay (Claybricks) quarry and playground behind Vissershok dump doesnâ??t absolutely teem with bikes.  The area has everything to offer for some brisk riding, sand, mud, hard stuff, whoops, climbs, jumps and drops, you name it.  Sid (TTR230) and I (TW200) are there practically every weekend at some time or other and a public holiday is no excuse to stay at home.

Today was fantastic because the place was awash.  There was water and mud everywhere making for some seriously slippery conditions, particularly in the clay quarry, where we both fell.

We also explored the wattle bush in the section between the powerlines and the N7 and had lots of fun in the tight confines of the ephemeral paths that criss-cross the area.  The TeeDubâ??s fat tyres donâ??t cut through the mud like the TTRâ??s knobblies and so I often found myself sideways but only lost it once.  Sid tried to stop at the top of a drop-off but it was so slippery that he just ploughed on into a slow slide and fall down the slope.  Where was the camera?

By now, we must have visited this area 20 times and there are still surprises to be found.  Iâ??ve seen every sort of bike (pitbike to 1200GSâ??s) there at various times.  Itâ??s certainly not just for plastics and thereâ??s something to challenge everyone.

See you there.  Just don't go alone.