Back on a Bike (bikeless no more)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonW

Grey Hound
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
Boss Hoss (all models)
so back in June last year I was faced with a bit of a cash crunch and made the very hard decision to sell my faithful XRR.

I advertised the bike for exactly what I paid for it, and within a few days the money was in my account and the bike gone.

My thinking was that I would either replace it with another XRR or something similar but lighter and more off-road biased within a month or two.

Unfortunately fate conspired against me getting a bike as quickly as I would have wanted. Firstly I couldn't find anything that I fancied, and then I had quite a nasty off while taking a friend of mine's 450 for a quick ride. It took me a month or two to recover from my injuries, and made me question for a while whether it was actually worth getting back on a bike.

After spending  what felt like forever browsing Gumtree and the forum for 250's 450's and 525's I eventually came across a friend's 520 that was up for sale. It's quite an old bike, but he's spent some money on the top end and most importantly it's licensed and on the road. After a couple of test rides last week I did the transfer and the bike was mine.

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 471
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 470
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 471
  • XRR.jpg
    XRR.jpg