990S Slave Cylinder Leak

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghecko

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
The slave cylinder on my bike seems to be leaking and I'm not sure what I should be replacing. The bike tipped over about a month or two ago and since then I've been losing all clutch pressure about every 2 weeks. This happens even faster if I decide to go on the highway - I think the heat/vibration makes it leak more.

Pardon the terminology, but from what I can see is that there are 2 main parts, the first part with the pressure plate inside, and then the second is the body which is made up of 2 pieces of some kind of plastic with a metal brace between them, this brace is what the front sprocket cover attaches to. The leak seems to be coming from between the plastic and the metal brace, although when I took it apart it didn't appear that the platics and metal could be separated.

It's a bit difficult to see if the leak is coming from the bottom of this piece itself, or if it's a bit to the top and the oil is just running to the bottom. Does anyone know what I should be looking at doing?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 94