Husky 701 Enduro Suspension Discussion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkmark

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Suspension has been covered quite a bit on some other forums, but I would like to know how local guys have got on with the stock suspension and what they've changed.

I rode some rough roads this past weekend and I had a headache when I was done ... I think I may have chipped some teeth too.

The 4CS forks I just find to harsh on initial dampening. On turning the compression clicker outwards, it made it better, but only to be diving when braking .. just felt rubbish.
On a good gravel road though, they feel pretty decent, as long as there is not too much movement.

So first off, I'm 115kg with all gear on, so the stock shock is to soft for me. I'm at 30mm static sag and 115mm rider. I went down to MP suspension today and picked up two springs for the rear to fit and try out. One being progressive 74-78-82 and then a linear 84.

I think that will help the rear quite a bit, as you can imagine, all the weight is at the back and its not able to soak up small bumps easily.

For reference at the rear:

The stock spring is a 69n/mm and 59x225mm.
The rear has 275mm of travel.
Static sag is about 30mm and rider sag about 85mm (manual has 30 / 75-85)

For reference at the front:

Stock springs are 5.2n/mm
The front has 275mm of travel
Full fork length is 915mm

I've got some cone valve forks that I'm going to replace the 4CS forks with. Small issue is that the cone's are a different size:

Full fork length is 955mm
Travel is 300mm
Spring is 4.6n/mm (it came off my MX bike)

So I've left them with MP Suspension to have them shortened and to put a stiffer spring in. Probably a 5.4 / 5.6

Lets hope that does the trick.

So what you have done, and what are your experiences, whats worked,  what hasn't ?