1190 NINE MONTHS LATER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
I am a very happy owner of my 1190 , nine months later and not a day sad that I parked it in my garage . It has taken me from KEMPTON PARK to Margate vie Himeville , Sabie , Ponta du Ora , Magoebaskloof , Durban and this last weekend Ramsgate .
I have had no problems with the bike and it has performed flawlessly.
Things I can report back on .
1, Fuel consumption , very good , with the worst recorded on the trip back from Ponta @ 15.5 Ks / l  . best around 19.4 Ks / l . 2 up with top box @ 145kph
2, had to replace rear brake pads at about 15000 ks 
3, replaced the OEM ( think it was still ) Conti tires , Fitted Metzeler Tourance  tires , Happy so far .
4, Fitted a set of spotties , Works very well , But I think My battery on its way out  ( 4 years old now)
niggles
1, Chain is dying , 20k kms
2 , battery on its way out .

Friend of mine that also owns a 1190 had to replace his chain at 23 k kms But by that time it was totally shot , On my bike the chain has some tight links , A good lube and its good to go but would not like to be in a situation that requires a chain replacement far from home .
And them My battery , second time , on a trip ended up with a flat battery after  riding with the spots on , they are connected to the proper connections in the headlight , so only possible answer to the problem is the 4 year old battery , will be replacing it this week .
Suggetions
As mentioned I need a chain , what would be the suggestion for replacement ? I can get  DID , REGINA , EK , RK . Personally a fan of DID , BUT would like to know what works the best on the 1190 , Same goes for the battery , going to try and find a Yuhasa  , to replace the current one , Can also get Motobat , Just not keen on the bolts they use to connect the cables. 
Last question has anybody bothered to plug the threaded hole on the swing arm? I think it is for bobbins for a paddock stand , but as the bike has a main stand not needed , thinking of plugging with a bolt .