Lower Offroad Footpeg for cramped GS 247 frames

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dustdevil

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R80GS
These pegs are designed by HPN and they drop the pegs 13mm straight down(without moving the peg forward like some other designs).
On the airhead GS frames the peg position is already a tad too far forward so an ideal setup would be to move the peg slightly backward instead of more forward like what is the case with the Touratech pegs. This forward position will have a severe effect on the handling of the bike and will be felt more so when riding soft sand while standing on the pegs.
With this design it is also possible to move the peg slightly to the rear(roughly about 12mm) while dropping it another 10mm.

If there is some interest I can make a few of these sets as well as a back and even lower version (illustrated in the 3D CAD image).

Also look at the pivot design; instead of the peg pivoting on an 8mm bolt these pegs utilizes a 14mm bush which prevents the pinching of the peg when tightening the peg bolt. This means the peg bolt can be tightened with force while still leaving the peg itself rotating freely.

For those that considers the lowering brackets, these were originally one of my earlier designs borrowed from set I saw on a R1150GS. I have long since abandoned the design because my pegs would scrape the tar on tight turns and my feet were taken of the pegs when riding through grass. They dropped the peg a massive 5cm but made it almost impossible to lower the brake and shift levers enough on some older models.

Attachments

• IMG-20180925-WA0033peg.JPG
    IMG-20180925-WA0033peg.JPG
    230.4 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG-20180925-WA0035peg.JPG
    IMG-20180925-WA0035peg.JPG
    215.6 KB · Views: 307
  • Footpeg Left lower&Rear v3.jpg
    Footpeg Left lower&Rear v3.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 280