Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: GUATENG Sunday 28th Ride Report ????  (Read 3431 times)

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
Re: GUATENG Sunday 28th Ride Report ????
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2008, 04:13:18 pm »
Thanks to everyone for a really fun ride!  :thumleft:

Thanks to Lourens who helped me fly the Yamaha flag  :pot:

Hope to ride these roads again and again :3some:
Nice to have met you Yefimovich :thumleft: Thank's received your E-mail address will keep you informed of the next few rides ::)
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2008, 04:19:01 pm »
bahhhh humbug,,,,just wait when my bike is assembled again
Hey Malgat :thumleft: You need to start training :peepwall: Or me start de-training ::) I now also have a Honda i am dying to let rip to the Waterberge.---Shortly--Wag net vir die eerste reen. Maak gou boet. :mwink:
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2008, 04:22:07 pm »
Hey Blazes thanks for organising - lots of fun had by all. As you say the guys & girls get faster with each ride and next time would be a great idea to start from Cullinan...
Thank's eSKaPe. i Agree. change the format a bit and take you all to the LEKKER section North :thumleft: Got your e-mail address . Will definately let you know as to planned rides :mwink:
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2008, 04:28:09 pm »
Thanks for the ride guys and girls!  It was lotsa fun. :thumleft:
blazes, great ride as usual! :thumright:

I took only one photo.  ::)
Great to have had you with us Lourens ;) Need your e-mail address please for future rides. :thumleft:
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2008, 04:33:24 pm »
Blazes , thanks for a great ride and all the planning you put in to it. My daughter and my self enjoyed it "stukkend" . Was good to meet fellow dogs , very nice crowd. Cant wait for the next ride.
Thank's Saddle Up :thumleft: Nice to have met you. Like the insurance you carry as a pillion :thumleft: Just shows one that DS riding is FUN for both old and young.
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2008, 04:39:36 pm »
Also had great fun yesterday. It's amazing how long these rides can take, after the first puncture it was 11:30 and by that stage we had only covered 66km :) Never mind, it gave us lots of time to compare our biking experiences and talk other sh*t. As for the sandy bit, I remember doing that bit of road at the beginning of the year and it definitely wasn't that sandy. .

It's also a bit disconcerting to be riding along at what feels like a lekker pace while standing up and along comes Blazes at about 40km/h faster and sitting. Puts one riding skills in perspective I think and I finally understand how he gets his name.

Thanks for the ride!
Cool to have you along as usual Zerc. I love to ride with people who enjoy riding no matter what. And good company is just the cherry on top :thumleft:  E-Mail address please Zerc for future planned rides :thumleft:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 04:41:34 pm by blazes »
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2008, 04:45:49 pm »
Muchly thanks Blazes et al for a coooool lekkerrrrr ride. Hay Malgat... we thought of you...... sorri but actually we didn't as we were all having too much fun, next time dude.
Hi Beemer Mike. Nice to have had you along :thumleft: E-Mail address please for future planned rides.
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2008, 04:52:20 pm »

Nice one Misty :thumleft: I like the new words on your Avatar. I agree ::)

hie hie - yea I get tougher with each ride!!!!  ;)

And as for the sand - yea what sand  ??? all I saw was a lovely brown strip to go ride in! :ricky:
I see you are getting tougher by the ride. Look's to me i will have to hide my XR650R from you ::) Just in case you decide you want to ride her :mwink:
Current Scooters --

Offline GundaGunda

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Kymco (all models)
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2008, 05:01:12 pm »
And GundaGunda - you would've been proud of your Angels and you and your capuchinos were sorely missed - there were plenty of rest periods for them ! ;)

I am sure. And I have to ask the question as its been bothering me. What is the KY used for out on a ride ? I though I had everything I ever needed in the top-box, but must I include it in the future?
Retired from Adventure Riding.
KLE500 & XTZ660 Gone *sigh*
Now Scooter Commuter & Softroader Softie.

Offline Milkybar

• Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Life's an adventure
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2008, 05:05:09 pm »
Ag sies you guys!!! :'(
Wish we were there!  :'(
Nice pics and nice crowd....see the summer is here.....every one wants to ride! :ricky:
Trials are survivable. We must keep our eternal perspective through the tough times.

We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed and broken. We are perplexed, but we donít give up and quit. We are hunted down, but God never abandons us. We get knocked down, but we get up again and keep going.Ē (2 Cor. 4:8-9 NLT)

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2008, 05:16:45 pm »
Ag sies you guys!!! :'(
Wish we were there!  :'(
Nice pics and nice crowd....see the summer is here.....every one wants to ride! :ricky:
Nou wanneer kom julle saam met ons ry ???
Current Scooters --

Offline Cave Girl

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2008, 05:56:55 pm »
GG - A trick the ladies learnt at the tech day The KY makes the tyre slip - I mean PoP into place a lot easier  :D
Like a Bat .... have a unique vision to search SUCCESS in the DARK -

Offline LeonDude

• A very quiet
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 - The next adventure
    • Leon de Kock - Author pages
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2008, 08:31:33 pm »
Hey Blazes, thanks for another super ride. I'm sure it didn't turn out exactly as planned, but it makes life fun and interresting. I agree that there should be two or three people in the group with a GPS with the route, but thanks for being a good guide dog and rounding up your missing sheep.

Thanks to Adventure MX for the help in finding my riding confidence again. I've always had a problem with sand, and if it wasn't for the long and hard think I had last night, I could have decided the ride was bad. But I started out fine and had lots of fun, it was only the sand that got me. Riding hard dirt it fun, suddenly hitting a sandy patch is not. But in the past I would have put my feet out and done the shongololo, this time I managed to get through the whole thing while standing. Next time - who knows I might only take half an hour!

So yeah, I took a long time to do the sand, but the only way to get there is by practice.

Sorry for keeping the group waiting so long, but next time all we have to do is make sure the punctures are after the sandy stretches and then you have something to do while you wait for me. In the meantime I'll practice.

See you people around

LeonDude
Great news, my book 'Sniffer' has seen the light of day on Amazon Kindle!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N664WIH
Check out my website for free short stories!
http://www.leondekock.com/short_stories.html

Offline SandMan

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • bring me a dream......
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2008, 08:37:30 pm »
Hey blazes,

Please keep me informed of future rides. I might just join one day.

Cheers

Offline Eventually

• Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2008, 09:04:09 pm »
Blazes, Im not gonna say thank you cause you make it look so easy and its not. Great ride. I learned how to remove the rear wheel of a TA but then it became an action replay after action replay. Why must some people turn pucture repairing into a career and then go for the long service award.

It ended up being a rather expensive ride after I left my glasses on the back of the bike and after they fell off, they got squashed by some friendly passing motorist. Ive ordered new ones and gonna frame the old as a constant reminder, keep them on your nose.

Now IT professional and digital expert (thats me) is going to try loading some pics, or not. If it doesnt work its Mistys fault, Im following her instructions.
Tarred roads: a perfect example of needless government spending.

Offline Eventually

« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2008, 09:07:42 pm »
Thanks Misty, I can so do this.

Seconds out, Round number 2

Offline Eventually

« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2008, 09:11:15 pm »
Maybe it takes Round number 3

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2008, 09:13:59 pm »
Hey Blazes, thanks for another super ride. I'm sure it didn't turn out exactly as planned, but it makes life fun and interresting. I agree that there should be two or three people in the group with a GPS with the route, but thanks for being a good guide dog and rounding up your missing sheep.

Thanks to Adventure MX for the help in finding my riding confidence again. I've always had a problem with sand, and if it wasn't for the long and hard think I had last night, I could have decided the ride was bad. But I started out fine and had lots of fun, it was only the sand that got me. Riding hard dirt it fun, suddenly hitting a sandy patch is not. But in the past I would have put my feet out and done the shongololo, this time I managed to get through the whole thing while standing. Next time - who knows I might only take half an hour!

So yeah, I took a long time to do the sand, but the only way to get there is by practice.

Sorry for keeping the group waiting so long, but next time all we have to do is make sure the punctures are after the sandy stretches and then you have something to do while you wait for me. In the meantime I'll practice.

See you people around

LeonDude
LeonDude you did well :thumleft: Sand is something you will get used to ;) Learn to ride it-do not be afraid of it. All things are possible. Need some sand training call me :thumleft: E-mail address please so i can post you on future rides.
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2008, 09:24:45 pm »
Blazes, Im not gonna say thank you cause you make it look so easy and its not. Great ride. I learned how to remove the rear wheel of a TA but then it became an action replay after action replay. Why must some people turn pucture repairing into a career and then go for the long service award.

It ended up being a rather expensive ride after I left my glasses on the back of the bike and after they fell off, they got squashed by some friendly passing motorist. Ive ordered new ones and gonna frame the old as a constant reminder, keep them on your nose.

Now IT professional and digital expert (thats me) is going to try loading some pics, or not. If it doesnt work its Mistys fault, Im following her instructions.
Eventually i got to meet eventually ;) Sand is easy to ride--just dont tell your bike she is on sand ::) Seriously. Some nice pics. We all need to start somewhere. I used to fall my gat off years ago when starting to ride sand. It does get easier just practise. Ask Misty :mwink:
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2008, 09:29:21 pm »
Hey blazes,

Please keep me informed of future rides. I might just join one day.

Cheers
Hi Sandman ;)Pm your e-mail address and i will keep you informed of future rides. I will no longer be posting rides in the Planning a ride section--for reasons i do not want to go into now :thumleft:

Cheers
Current Scooters --