Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: GUATENG Sunday 28th Ride Report ????  (Read 3417 times)

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
GUATENG Sunday 28th Ride Report ????
« on: September 28, 2008, 09:46:47 pm »
Well what can i say ??? Great group of Girls and Guys as usual. Get a lot of DS riders together here in Guateng and Guatengaleng ::) Between all the punctures and KY Jelly ( as Travel Gravel says) Only for Mechanical use. Jaco ---You machine :thumleft: Nothing left for him to use ??? Anyway i must just say Noob of the Day went to Tankgirl on her 125 :thumleft: She Rocks ;) Tough cookie this --even wears a spare masterlink pierced above her left eyelid. incase :peepwall: As for Misty :thumleft: Newly Crowned sand Queen. Tankslap-fishtail she did them all today and lives to tell the tale. Apparenty esKApe said he saw Misty's life flash before him :o LeonDude You are still the one and only Champion and your title is not in danger at all.  :thumleft: You rode at such a blistering pace today that you even rode in your own dust :peepwall:Never the less pictures tell more than words. I will leave the talking to the ladies. The duct tape Jay brought along has been removed now. By the way i found out why the ladies had so many punctures today :mwink:At one stage while us men were fixing the punctures i caught them oogling our rear ends :mwink: Hey even Cave girl could not get enough of her rider and Jay. She kept on repeating the process ----Puncture after puncture. Hope you had your fill Cave Girl :peepwall: 23 bikes for the day all in all ::)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 10:35:43 pm by blazes »
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
Re: GUATENG Sunday 28th Ride Report ????
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 09:55:06 pm »
And some more. Not feeling very talkative tonight ::)Except green and red for Kykdaar.
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 10:04:39 pm »
Misty--Our Newly Crowned Sand Queen :mwink:LeonDude i see your handlebars are still bent. :oSilver Luna Stand up-Look -Good and Smack that rock with your back wheel :peepwall: Sure that was the one that caused the puncture.Travel Gravel chasin SL
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 10:12:03 pm »
Zerc with his new love. The rest of the pack. Elmo on his KTM.
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 10:20:00 pm »
Tank Girl on her Honda. Noob of the Day. Man you can ride with me any day :thumleft: But i will carry my spare masterlink in my Toolbag ::) Not as daring a syou to pierce my eyelid to carry it there yet :peepwall:  Cave Girl back seat rider on her own bike ??? Some more of the Pack. Kykdaar riding like the wind. ::)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 10:20:59 pm by blazes »
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 10:27:18 pm »
Some more ;)
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 10:32:30 pm »
The last lot >:(
Current Scooters --

Offline tankgirl

• Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 11:01:25 pm »
WOW great photos to complement a great day! september competition material, this one:

...and reposting my fuzzy cellphone efforts (for record purposes) :P

thanks again! great weather, great route, great company - the day couldn't get any better ;D

Offline Zonkelnut

• Whatever
  • Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
  • Yo! Sup?
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 01:33:06 am »
Hmmm. Dit lyk vir my baie bekend  :D , that structures for the jerry cans? It works well hey? The cans give the strength. Well done.  :thumleft:

« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 01:34:07 am by Zonkelnut »
100001 110010 1101010

Offline JourneyMan

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Pretoria
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 06:10:39 am »
Great turn-up!

Well done! Sounds like skills were tested and gained. Great experience gained.  8)

He who angers you, controls you.

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 06:51:48 am »
Great turn-up!

Well done! Sounds like skills were tested and gained. Great experience gained.  8)

Thank's JM :thumleft: Yes i must admit that every time i eide with a group you can see the difference in skills from ride to ride by some riders. ;)
Current Scooters --

esterne

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2008, 07:05:52 am »
Hey Blazes, sorry I missed this one.

I had no rubber on my rear tire left to do any kind of riding on. My trip to Long Tom left me with one very worn out Pirelli.  :mwink:

Report to follow ........  :lamer: ........ as soon as I work out how to upload photo's.

Offline Kykdaar

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Zundapp (all models)
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 07:44:06 am »
Hey Blazes,

Thanks again for organizing a really great ride  :thumleft: I was very impressed with how the the skill levels of the girls have improved and I think you have a lot to do with that.

Tankgirl especially surprised me. During one particular sandy section I rode behind her to keep an eye on her, but it was soon apparent that the fishtailing bike did not frighten her and she was looking very capable and confident. I felt then that I could pass her and coat her with a cloud of dust as an added challenge  >:D She survived even that  ;D

It was nice meeting some old friends as well as some new people and I think it was a great group overall.

Hi Zonkelnut,

The jerrycan holders was a copy of your very good design which I scaled down to 5 litres a side from your original 10L a side. I filled the watercans (cheaper than petrol  ;D) for the ride just to test the sturdiness of the bracket and the effect of the added weight on the bike. No problems at all  :thumleft: Even the watercan on the exhaust side remained cold, so no need for a heatshield.

Offline drewdza

• Bike: Triumph 800 XC
  • world leader pretend
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 08:11:43 am »
Lekker ride Blazes, thanks.

Really nice group of people and the camraderie was much in evidence (cue: tyre repairs :thumleft:). Special thanks to TravelGravel who was kind enough to let me eat her dust (and the odd stone/rock or two :D) for much of the day, sjoe you can ride that BM hey.....Not forgetting Misty: 'das sandmeister'....these girls keep the pressure on the guys no problem.

Hey Kykdaar, lekker bike man :mwink: - we just  need to work on Eventually who seems less convinced of the TA's abilities....

Note to self: take Blazes pre-ride descriptions with a pinch of salt or should that be sand? :biggrin:
800XC

Offline Rusty nail

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 08:30:30 am »
Hi all fellow dogs had a great day thanks
"Four wheels move the body.....TWO WHEELS MOVE THE SOUL"

Offline Misty

• BMW650GS - DR650 - Triumph Scrambler 900 - BMW650G
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 08:32:46 am »
Good morning Gals and Girls ‚?? blazes a big thank you ‚?? as always a great ride planned turned out to a be yet another great ride experience.  :thumleft:

Gee, yea, thank goodness I live to tell the tale ‚?? I must admit after my test of endurance (or stupidity)  ??? I kindda put the thought aside until I got home, or else I would have decided to rather walk back (or bum a ride from eSKaPe)! As for eSKaPe seeing my life flash before him, that was merely my front light flashing at him from left to right to left to right until I could finally get complete control of my bike (as for my self control ‚?? well ja, think that has gone out the window a long time ago!)  :P

Now for those of you that weren‚??t lucky enough to be there and experience my Shaking The @ss dance (blazes, there‚??s another melody to add to your collection)  :mwink: ‚?? I was momentary distracted by an oasis on the side of a rather uneven stretch of dirt that had caused me to slide a little here and there and when I saw this lovely ‚??hard brown patch‚?Ě on the side of this slippery highway, I though ‚?? ah ha ‚?? let me just dive straight into it (I think I was going about 80km) and to my surprise and the utter horror of the guys behind me it turned out to be a nice sandy patch  :o ‚?? so ja, as blazes describe it it was a tankslap-fishtail combination of note! But I just went through what I have been told and what I have picked up from my experience so far and got through it ‚?? although one main focus was that I just couldn‚??t fall, it wasn‚??t an option, I mean I had just replaced my broken indicator ‚?? so yes, this made that rocky patch of last time feel like a walk in the park.  :ricky:

But yes, so we learn and so we grow with confidence and experience and what I found to be the greatest part of all is the support of the guys and girls you ride with and how they really boost your confidence and help you along the way. And sorry to the guys that I almost sent into an early grave on the way to Culinan ‚?? also learnt not to take chances!  :)

As for the punctures ladies and LeonDude making sure he has the honoree roll of SLAKKIE now instead of me ‚?? I‚??m not going to complain because it gave me time to rejuvenate (and get my much needed Vodka)  :biggrin: and it‚??s also a nice bonding opportunity ‚?? and no TravelGravel, I‚??m not talking about what you have in mind with that KY Jelly of yours!  ;)  >:D

Thanks to all the old and the new dogs ‚?? as always, got home tired but exhilarated!  :)
... ďThere might be a few bumps ahead in the road, but luckily you are well trained in off road riding!Ē ... PS: for sure, I'm a lot tougher than I look!! ;)

Offline Cave Girl

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 08:32:56 am »
Phew to all who over and over and over again fixed my back flat tyre and eventually trailered my bike home a huge thank you!! I am really gratefull to be able to ride with such a fantastic bunch of people.  :3some:
Blazes as usual you rock!!! I just wish I had been on the front of the bike NOTE to self : NEVER EVER ride pillion again, you are far to much of a control freek! To the ladies who consistantly shine as pillions I salute you!!
Just one note - Blazes & Martin you both have a severe case of CRAFT syndrome and it is only going to get worse I fear   :peepwall:

My lecture for the day: When the group gets so big it is really important to LISTEN to the leader of the pack for instructions AND wait at each turn until you see the person's eyes not just the headlight before pulling off it's really frustrating for us that get lost and I am sure even more annoying for the group leader who has to go find lost bikers - It would be a great pity if our much appreciated experianced bikers stoped posting invites to join their rides because of it.
Blazes thanks for the added effort you put in for us I really appreciate and hope we didn't spoil your ride to much!!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 08:37:01 am by Cave Girl »
Like a Bat .... have a unique vision to search SUCCESS in the DARK -

Offline Misty

• BMW650GS - DR650 - Triumph Scrambler 900 - BMW650G
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2008, 08:34:41 am »
And GundaGunda - you would've been proud of your Angels and you and your capuchinos were sorely missed - there were plenty of rest periods for them ! ;)
... ďThere might be a few bumps ahead in the road, but luckily you are well trained in off road riding!Ē ... PS: for sure, I'm a lot tougher than I look!! ;)

Offline Yefimovich≤

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • R1200RT
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2008, 08:47:13 am »
Thanks to everyone for a really fun ride!  :thumleft:

Thanks to Lourens who helped me fly the Yamaha flag  :pot:

Hope to ride these roads again and again :3some:
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards

Offline Maya_The_Bee

• Bike: Yamaha XT660
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2008, 09:00:33 am »
wow what a nice ride out ... Awesome ( I hate you all  :-[)

Hey CG what you doing on the back of your pony ? Awesome pics everyone , Hey Yefi , did u come short this time ?  ;D

I see Misty riding the sand better than i do (crap ! I wont quit !)

Hope to join you guys in less than 6 weeks time (  :'(  ::)  :BangHead:  :sad2: