Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: GUATENG Sunday 28th Ride Report ????  (Read 3528 times)

Offline Misty

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • BMW650GS - DR650 - Triumph Scrambler 900 - BMW650G
Re: GUATENG Sunday 28th Ride Report ????
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2008, 09:04:00 am »
Hey Maya - at least you are doing something better than me... falling!  :pot:  ;)

ha ha only kidding... as we all know I have had a few awsome falls myself!   :biggrin:
... ďThere might be a few bumps ahead in the road, but luckily you are well trained in off road riding!Ē ... PS: for sure, I'm a lot tougher than I look!! ;)

Offline malgat (RIP)

• RIP 17/06/1953 - 29/10/2009
  • Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
  • IF WE LIVED BY THE RULES WE'd NEVER HAVE ANY FUN
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2008, 09:08:18 am »
bahhhh humbug,,,,just wait when my bike is assembled again
IEP KRUGER
Suzuki TS400
KTM 125
AFRICA TWIN XRV750

Offline Smithey

• RIP
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Njam Njam Njam
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2008, 09:15:06 am »
Looks like is was a blast  :thumleft: Nice pics.

Offline Malibu

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
  • Just a girl on a bike!
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2008, 09:18:41 am »
Hey, hey, guys... looks like you had a great day...  :thumleft:

They call me Judy or Judes...

You need chaos in your soul to birth a shining star!

Offline eSKaPe

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • As in "The Great Escape"
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2008, 09:26:20 am »
Hey Blazes thanks for organising - lots of fun had by all. As you say the guys & girls get faster with each ride and next time would be a great idea to start from Cullinan...

Offline Lourens ツ

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2008, 09:34:58 am »
Thanks for the ride guys and girls!  It was lotsa fun. :thumleft:
blazes, great ride as usual! :thumright:

I took only one photo.  ::)
Lourens de Lange

Offline stroom

• Bike: BMW F800GS
  • don't live the adventure, ride it...
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2008, 09:56:10 am »
A BIG THanks for a excellent day yesterday blazes  :thumleft:, i enjoyed it and can feel in this morning
a shot out to all making it such and exprience.   :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
Nice meeting new dogs  ;D
What a site to see the long worm of bikes behind each other   :ricky:

Lessions learned: 
1.  Always take Travel Gravel on any trip, she is like a mega hardware store  :3some:
2.  As with a big group like this, i think there were 3 splinter groups at one stage.  Download the GPS tracks to 3 leaders and ride in three smaller groups. :deal:
3.  Not feeling to bad about my tubless tyres anymore, seeing what a mission it is to fix the tubed ones.  Luckely there were some PRO's!!!  :peepwall:
4.  THough it was only me with my smaller wider front wheel that was snaking and shaking and letting loose.  just give it gas!!!   to my suprise eveyone had it except blazes of corse......

Hijack on: 
i know of a dog that went to work today in a clean suite and shining bike  (thanks prepsol!!)
Hijack off:

THanks again blazes/martin for sticking it out with the not so pro's and showing us the ropes.

below some pics (cell phone quality (old cellphone))

Offline stroom

• Bike: BMW F800GS
  • don't live the adventure, ride it...
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2008, 09:57:52 am »
some more, and finally at the water hole, what a brunch  :peepwall:

Offline Saddle Up

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2008, 10:09:53 am »
Blazes , thanks for a great ride and all the planning you put in to it. My daughter and my self enjoyed it "stukkend" . Was good to meet fellow dogs , very nice crowd. Cant wait for the next ride.
n Skaap is nie n scrambler

Offline Zerc

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Pretoria
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2008, 12:40:40 pm »
Also had great fun yesterday. It's amazing how long these rides can take, after the first puncture it was 11:30 and by that stage we had only covered 66km :) Never mind, it gave us lots of time to compare our biking experiences and talk other sh*t. As for the sandy bit, I remember doing that bit of road at the beginning of the year and it definitely wasn't that sandy. .

It's also a bit disconcerting to be riding along at what feels like a lekker pace while standing up and along comes Blazes at about 40km/h faster and sitting. Puts one riding skills in perspective I think and I finally understand how he gets his name.

Thanks for the ride!

Offline Beemer Mike

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Preserve the Wild Dog (in formaldehyde)!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2008, 01:03:44 pm »
Muchly thanks Blazes et al for a coooool lekkerrrrr ride. Hay Malgat... we thought of you...... sorri but actually we didn't as we were all having too much fun, next time dude.
BMW 1150 GSA
Honda XR 650 L
BMW GS 1200 LC Trophy

Offline Beemer Mike

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2008, 01:08:36 pm »
Some more pics:
BMW 1150 GSA
Honda XR 650 L
BMW GS 1200 LC Trophy

Offline Beemer Mike

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2008, 01:10:24 pm »
And a few more:
BMW 1150 GSA
Honda XR 650 L
BMW GS 1200 LC Trophy

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2008, 03:33:23 pm »
Hey Blazes, sorry I missed this one.

I had no rubber on my rear tire left to do any kind of riding on. My trip to Long Tom left me with one very worn out Pirelli.  :mwink:

Report to follow ........  :lamer: ........ as soon as I work out how to upload photo's.
No problem Buzz. Got your e-mail address. Will send you info on the next ride :thumleft:
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2008, 03:36:16 pm »
Hey Blazes,

Thanks again for organizing a really great ride  :thumleft: I was very impressed with how the the skill levels of the girls have improved and I think you have a lot to do with that.

Tankgirl especially surprised me. During one particular sandy section I rode behind her to keep an eye on her, but it was soon apparent that the fishtailing bike did not frighten her and she was looking very capable and confident. I felt then that I could pass her and coat her with a cloud of dust as an added challenge  >:D She survived even that  ;D

It was nice meeting some old friends as well as some new people and I think it was a great group overall.

Hi Zonkelnut,

The jerrycan holders was a copy of your very good design which I scaled down to 5 litres a side from your original 10L a side. I filled the watercans (cheaper than petrol  ;D) for the ride just to test the sturdiness of the bracket and the effect of the added weight on the bike. No problems at all  :thumleft: Even the watercan on the exhaust side remained cold, so no need for a heatshield.

A pleasure to have you with Kykdaar :thumleft: Sondag---ek en jy  :thumleft:
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2008, 03:41:00 pm »
Lekker ride Blazes, thanks.

Really nice group of people and the camraderie was much in evidence (cue: tyre repairs :thumleft:). Special thanks to TravelGravel who was kind enough to let me eat her dust (and the odd stone/rock or two :D) for much of the day, sjoe you can ride that BM hey.....Not forgetting Misty: 'das sandmeister'....these girls keep the pressure on the guys no problem.

Hey Kykdaar, lekker bike man :mwink: - we just  need to work on Eventually who seems less convinced of the TA's abilities....

Note to self: take Blazes pre-ride descriptions with a pinch of salt or should that be sand? :biggrin:
What sand ??? You want sand we go to the Waterberg there is a little bit of sand there :thumleft:
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2008, 03:47:24 pm »
Hi all fellow dogs had a great day thanks
Cool ;) You see other riders also did not see the  so-called sand ???
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2008, 03:52:01 pm »
Good morning Gals and Girls ‚?? blazes a big thank you ‚?? as always a great ride planned turned out to a be yet another great ride experience.  :thumleft:

Gee, yea, thank goodness I live to tell the tale ‚?? I must admit after my test of endurance (or stupidity)  ??? I kindda put the thought aside until I got home, or else I would have decided to rather walk back (or bum a ride from eSKaPe)! As for eSKaPe seeing my life flash before him, that was merely my front light flashing at him from left to right to left to right until I could finally get complete control of my bike (as for my self control ‚?? well ja, think that has gone out the window a long time ago!)  :P

Now for those of you that weren‚??t lucky enough to be there and experience my Shaking The @ss dance (blazes, there‚??s another melody to add to your collection)  :mwink: ‚?? I was momentary distracted by an oasis on the side of a rather uneven stretch of dirt that had caused me to slide a little here and there and when I saw this lovely ‚??hard brown patch‚?Ě on the side of this slippery highway, I though ‚?? ah ha ‚?? let me just dive straight into it (I think I was going about 80km) and to my surprise and the utter horror of the guys behind me it turned out to be a nice sandy patch  :o ‚?? so ja, as blazes describe it it was a tankslap-fishtail combination of note! But I just went through what I have been told and what I have picked up from my experience so far and got through it ‚?? although one main focus was that I just couldn‚??t fall, it wasn‚??t an option, I mean I had just replaced my broken indicator ‚?? so yes, this made that rocky patch of last time feel like a walk in the park.  :ricky:

But yes, so we learn and so we grow with confidence and experience and what I found to be the greatest part of all is the support of the guys and girls you ride with and how they really boost your confidence and help you along the way. And sorry to the guys that I almost sent into an early grave on the way to Culinan ‚?? also learnt not to take chances!  :)

As for the punctures ladies and LeonDude making sure he has the honoree roll of SLAKKIE now instead of me ‚?? I‚??m not going to complain because it gave me time to rejuvenate (and get my much needed Vodka)  :biggrin: and it‚??s also a nice bonding opportunity ‚?? and no TravelGravel, I‚??m not talking about what you have in mind with that KY Jelly of yours!  ;)  >:D

Thanks to all the old and the new dogs ‚?? as always, got home tired but exhilarated!  :)

Nice one Misty :thumleft: I like the new words on your Avatar. I agree ::)
Current Scooters --

Offline Misty

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • BMW650GS - DR650 - Triumph Scrambler 900 - BMW650G
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2008, 04:01:34 pm »

Nice one Misty :thumleft: I like the new words on your Avatar. I agree ::)

hie hie - yea I get tougher with each ride!!!!  ;)

And as for the sand - yea what sand  ??? all I saw was a lovely brown strip to go ride in! :ricky:
... ďThere might be a few bumps ahead in the road, but luckily you are well trained in off road riding!Ē ... PS: for sure, I'm a lot tougher than I look!! ;)

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2008, 04:11:03 pm »
Phew to all who over and over and over again fixed my back flat tyre and eventually trailered my bike home a huge thank you!! I am really gratefull to be able to ride with such a fantastic bunch of people.  :3some:
Blazes as usual you rock!!! I just wish I had been on the front of the bike NOTE to self : NEVER EVER ride pillion again, you are far to much of a control freek! To the ladies who consistantly shine as pillions I salute you!!
Just one note - Blazes & Martin you both have a severe case of CRAFT syndrome and it is only going to get worse I fear   :peepwall:

My lecture for the day: When the group gets so big it is really important to LISTEN to the leader of the pack for instructions AND wait at each turn until you see the person's eyes not just the headlight before pulling off it's really frustrating for us that get lost and I am sure even more annoying for the group leader who has to go find lost bikers - It would be a great pity if our much appreciated experianced bikers stoped posting invites to join their rides because of it.
Blazes thanks for the added effort you put in for us I really appreciate and hope we didn't spoil your ride to much!!

Well look at the upside " S " You were with us in body and soul and 1 x eina finger ??? Spoil my ride Naaah not possible. When i am with a cool group like you all it will take a bit more than puncture repairs to spoil my day :thumleft: E-mail address " S" Please from you starting to plan smaller groups of about 8 at a time that i can match together ::) Tell that blerry finger to come with the program ??? I will have you riding sand and turning into corners that will make many a WD cry :thumleft: Even if that is the last thing i do. :mwink:
Current Scooters --