A run in Lima

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueBull2007

Bachelor Dog
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
We received out Bikes yesterday, so naturally they had to be run in today. I found a aggregate quarry about 5 minutes riding from our house in Lima so this was the obvious spot to go for a quiet Sunday play. We werenâ??t too energetic after Friday night´s celebrations (go on say it: We´re sissies who can´t handle it. I prefer to say we are too old), and D wanted to get more experience on a plastic bike before getting onto her 650, so she kindly lent hers to 3Drink for the afternoon.

Now let me take this opportunity to introduce you to my great friend 3Drink (Drie Drink). Here is 3Drink posing in his Goldwing protective gear.
P1030292.jpg

He would have introduced himself but apart from the fact that he knew he would be lectured on his lack of ATGATT, he is the shy type and feels he is not worthy because he doesnâ??t have a bike at the moment, and after reading all your posts I think he is intimidated indeed. This from a guy who had a Goldwing on the dirt when he was in South Africa, and who was asked by his Dutch mate please not to scrape the pegs of their Shadow on the corners on the way to world cup rugby in France last year. But he knows his stuff and put me to shame, even though he was taking it easy due to lack of gear (and more importantly, it was D´s bike!!).

Oh he´s also a Bluebull supporter but donâ??t let that detract from those of you in the Cape! He promises me he wants to get a KTM 990 in February so that he can join us on our South American ventures. It´s now up to you to help me encourage him to actually do this.

So off we went to this quarry. The main gate was locked, so we spend 15 interesting minutes riding through a shanty town looking for another way in. This is what we found: