Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Woman biker shot in CT  (Read 4734 times)

Offline Grrrr....

• ...eats seeds as a pastime activity.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • If you trim your tree beware the roots.

Offline hereiam33

Re: Woman biker shot in CT
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2018, 02:29:20 pm »
There is a group on fb called Zelda's Ride Page which gives out all information regarding mass rides, court appearance of accused, etc..

The following users thanked this post: Pistonpete

Offline Brink

• Bike: Confederate (all models)
  • Knob
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2018, 07:51:44 pm »
RIP,,,,,
I know nothing but I can not prove it,,,,,

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2018, 08:22:26 pm »
Horrifying. RIP.   :'(

Thread has now been cleaned up.  Have some respect & common decency please.
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline Pistonpete

• Shop Mods
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Live to Ride...Ride to Live
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2018, 08:48:29 am »
I won’t apologise for this long-winded message, only ask that you please read and participate.

Up until Friday evening the name Zelda Van Niekerk would have been known to very few of us. I personally did not know her with exception to having been in the same company at a few biking events. But as news and facts spread, she was clearly an active member of the motorcycling fraternity. It's quite ironic that her last good deed was in fact for one of the deceased members of our Harley Davidson circle, Annie ZA. I will stop short of mentioning any other facts as I remain unclear to what’s factual. What is known is that Zelda was a mother, leaving behind a 5-year-old son and a family who will struggle to come to terms with the senseless waste of it all and in turn, struggle to pick up the pieces in the hope of eventually being able to move forward.
Zelda was cut down in the prime of her life whilst helping others. Cut down on the side of the road by persons unknown to her, for a few of her valuables. On Friday, Zelda became yet another daily statistic in the never-ending crime spiral that we have all become sadly very aware of in our daily lives.

Do I hear you ask, ‘What makes her death any different to any of the dozens that take place daily’? In reality nothing. However, what makes this death different is the fact that it happened to somebody within our so called ‘Motorcycle Brotherhood’. A likeminded sister within our midst.

An out pouring of emotions on all forms of social media suddenly brings together 1000’s of like-minded people, yes thousands. Messages of all kinds, some merely wanting to pay respect, others wanting justice. Many of us will stop short after messaging, having had the opportunity to express a view and sitting back to feel comfortable with our reactions. If the truth be known your message is forgotten in the time it takes the next message to follow.
This time a senseless murder, Zelda’s passing, gives us as motorcyclists, a unique opportunity to express our feelings in a way that we can be seen and heard. A massed rolling demonstration on route to the funeral, showing communities we are tired of the senseless murders. A demonstration that shows those looking in, we will stand together as a collective and push back. For those criminal’s intent on slaughter, that we stand up together and fight back.
Jaco Wessels, a member of Harley Davidson Club of Cape Town leads a drive to ensure that this senseless murder will not just be swept into the South African, statistical murder history book. Jaco is hoping to generate an awakening and movement that may lead many others in turn to rise against senseless crime. We call on you to join us on Saturday 6th of October 2018, at Brackenfell Hypermarket. A memorial ride will leave at 09.30am to firstly show respects to a fallen biker, her family and friends and secondly to create a rolling demonstration for all communities that we pass, to see.
Should you need to ask ‘But what would this accomplish?” I’m not sure I’m qualified to answer that. Personally, should this action dissuade a ‘would be criminal’ from attacking a fellow biker in the future, then I’d say it was worth every minute of our time.
The ride will leave Brackenfell Hyper-Market and head out on a route to be confirmed in due course, ending at Killarney Race Track, for an Memorial Service and Open Air Celebration of Life. Killarney race track have acknowledged this movement and are allowing use of facilities, including pay bar etc.
Please consider sparing a couple of hours of your time to make a difference.

Philip Goodson
HDCCT Vice Chairman
'Routine is the thief of time'

The following users thanked this post: BlueBull2007, EssBee

Offline Pistonpete

• Shop Mods
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Live to Ride...Ride to Live
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2018, 08:51:31 am »
You can follow on here
Zelda's Ride Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1910504095922238/
'Routine is the thief of time'

Offline Rough Rider

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Hang time
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2018, 08:54:38 am »
I won’t apologise for this long-winded message, only ask that you please read and participate.

Up until Friday evening the name Zelda Van Niekerk would have been known to very few of us. I personally did not know her with exception to having been in the same company at a few biking events. But as news and facts spread, she was clearly an active member of the motorcycling fraternity. It's quite ironic that her last good deed was in fact for one of the deceased members of our Harley Davidson circle, Annie ZA. I will stop short of mentioning any other facts as I remain unclear to what’s factual. What is known is that Zelda was a mother, leaving behind a 5-year-old son and a family who will struggle to come to terms with the senseless waste of it all and in turn, struggle to pick up the pieces in the hope of eventually being able to move forward.
Zelda was cut down in the prime of her life whilst helping others. Cut down on the side of the road by persons unknown to her, for a few of her valuables. On Friday, Zelda became yet another daily statistic in the never-ending crime spiral that we have all become sadly very aware of in our daily lives.

Do I hear you ask, ‘What makes her death any different to any of the dozens that take place daily’? In reality nothing. However, what makes this death different is the fact that it happened to somebody within our so called ‘Motorcycle Brotherhood’. A likeminded sister within our midst.

An out pouring of emotions on all forms of social media suddenly brings together 1000’s of like-minded people, yes thousands. Messages of all kinds, some merely wanting to pay respect, others wanting justice. Many of us will stop short after messaging, having had the opportunity to express a view and sitting back to feel comfortable with our reactions. If the truth be known your message is forgotten in the time it takes the next message to follow.
This time a senseless murder, Zelda’s passing, gives us as motorcyclists, a unique opportunity to express our feelings in a way that we can be seen and heard. A massed rolling demonstration on route to the funeral, showing communities we are tired of the senseless murders. A demonstration that shows those looking in, we will stand together as a collective and push back. For those criminal’s intent on slaughter, that we stand up together and fight back.
Jaco Wessels, a member of Harley Davidson Club of Cape Town leads a drive to ensure that this senseless murder will not just be swept into the South African, statistical murder history book. Jaco is hoping to generate an awakening and movement that may lead many others in turn to rise against senseless crime. We call on you to join us on Saturday 6th of October 2018, at Brackenfell Hypermarket. A memorial ride will leave at 09.30am to firstly show respects to a fallen biker, her family and friends and secondly to create a rolling demonstration for all communities that we pass, to see.
Should you need to ask ‘But what would this accomplish?” I’m not sure I’m qualified to answer that. Personally, should this action dissuade a ‘would be criminal’ from attacking a fellow biker in the future, then I’d say it was worth every minute of our time.
The ride will leave Brackenfell Hyper-Market and head out on a route to be confirmed in due course, ending at Killarney Race Track, for an Memorial Service and Open Air Celebration of Life. Killarney race track have acknowledged this movement and are allowing use of facilities, including pay bar etc.
Please consider sparing a couple of hours of your time to make a difference.

Philip Goodson
HDCCT Vice Chairman

I'll do my best to be there.
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM

Offline 1190

« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2018, 09:08:36 am »
Horrifying. RIP.   :'(

Thread has now been cleaned up.  Have some respect & common decency please.
I think you missed a spot :thumleft:
Smith & Wesson the original point and click interface

Offline Oulouis

« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2018, 09:40:46 am »
I will be at Brackenfell for this ride.  This is the least I can do to show my support for this cause and express my frustration with the situation in our country.

Offline Fransw

« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2018, 09:48:25 am »
I read somewhere that her bike didn't break down, she pulled over to wait for someone.
Not that it matters.

It's horrendous either way

Who was Zelda waiting for?..

Offline JustBendIt

• Vendor
  • Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • cunning linguistic afficionado
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2018, 10:37:27 am »
I read somewhere that her bike didn't break down, she pulled over to wait for someone.
Not that it matters.

It's horrendous either way

Who was Zelda waiting for?..

According to the news article I read she was waiting for another lady biker friend because they were riding to Fish Hoek together to ride in a matric dance convoy
The older I get the faster I was

Offline Rough Rider

• Hang time
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2018, 09:40:16 am »
I witnessed a smash and grab on the N7 yesterday evening and was shocked at how brazen it was. The woman managed to wrestle her bag back, but all of the sudden two more fuckers arrived and surrounded her, it must have taken a minute in rush hours traffic for them to make off with her bag. Nobody assisted her.

Offline Dux

« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2018, 09:42:06 am »
I witnessed a smash and grab on the N7 yesterday evening and was shocked at how brazen it was. The woman managed to wrestle her bag back, but all of the sudden two more fuckers arrived and surrounded her, it must have taken a minute in rush hours traffic for them to make off with her bag. Nobody assisted her.

That is just so sad and f.....d up
Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
073 232 5389 / 065 967 4661
Unit 6 Viben square
8 Viben Road , Brackenfell

Offline Bubby

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2018, 09:53:48 am »

Where about on the N7 was this? there are a few hot spots along the N7 now
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2018, 10:00:03 am »

and they cannot put cops at those hot spots or is it far from the nearest KFC? >:(
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Grrrr....

• ...eats seeds as a pastime activity.
  • Forum Whore
  • If you trim your tree beware the roots.
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2018, 10:10:27 am »

Happened to my wife. After they got her bag they casually walked away. They know nobody will do anything.

Offline Rough Rider

• Hang time
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2018, 01:41:04 pm »

The first robot after coming off the N2.

Offline WILLY G

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Explorer
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2018, 01:52:50 pm »
That intersection is notorious for smash n grabs.I've witnessed a few as i travel that route often.There used to be a permanent Flying Squad GTI parked on the bridge over the N2 but havent seen it lately.

Offline bronzy

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • the older i get the faster i was !!!
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2018, 02:55:13 pm »
That intersection is notorious for smash n grabs.I've witnessed a few as i travel that route often.There used to be a permanent Flying Squad GTI parked on the bridge over the N2 but havent seen it lately.
proberly no money for petrol