NEED INFO ON BIKE COURIER COMPANY!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panna

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Hi fellow Dogs

I would like to know if anybody made use of Bikes in Motion?
After searching the web we could not find any website or reviews, except a Facebook page for this courier company.

My son who lives in Western Cape, bought a 2017 Ducati Panigale 1299 S from Fire It Up Motorcycles in Fourways, Sandton.
The bike was advertised with free delivery to all coastal regions.  We only find out from the Ducati dealer in Santon were it was originally bought from,
that it was a 2016 and not a 2017 model as advertised.  Nevertheless, the bike has only done 1800 km. so it was spotless.

Since day one we had UTTER poor service from Fire It Up Motorcycles, they don't return your calls or keep you updated on any progress.
The bike was supposed to be delivered at the latest on Thursday 27th.  My son contacted Donovan the salesperson on a daily basis to get info on the
date when the bike was shipped to CT.  He told him that he would find out and get back to him but never did as usual.

Friday night my son got a call from the "Courier Company" Mr. Grobbies, to inform him that the delivery is going to take place in the early hours on Saturday morning the 29th.
At 10h30 my son phoned Grobbies to know his whereabouts, he then informed my son, that he just been in an accident. 
The trailers axle broke and caused the "bakkie" to roll. There was not enough space for his bike on the trailer so he loaded the Ducati on the back of his "bakkie". 
The Ducati is a write-off :mad: and so some of the other bikes as well.

Now the question, how can you make use of courier company who loads a 250K bike on the back of an open "bakkie"?
I phoned Donovan Saturday morning to inform him and he told me that he already knew about the accident, without informing us.  He said that he is busy following up and will keep my son posted.
Up till now, we're still waiting for his call....................................I just hope Bikes In Motion or Fire It Up got good insurance!!

This was a long-awaited dream of my son to own a Ducati one day, but Fire It Up made the whole experience so unpleasant from day one.

Any info or advice would be much appreciated!!