Honda Quest 2018. Bootcamp & now 10 days of Adventure of a lifetime

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kamanya

Andrew to most
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Can you imagine having to endure the excitement of being invited along on one of these?!!!??

Well, I've been lucky enough to have been a finalist last year and this year, I've been asked to come along help out with some of the instruction but also getting the amazing journey out to you bunch too. I'm going to try get the contestants who are members here to enter their experiences, hopefully sort of real time or at least as the day ends with their thoughts… If they get enough time.

Here was Toshiaki Konanka, the President Honda South Africa welcoming speech to the 30 lucky sods just moments ago;

Welcome!

A very big welcome to you, the semifinalists of this second edition of the great adventure called, Honda Quest 2018. I’d like to extend that too to my friends and your hosts, Hardy and his team from Specialized Adventures.

Last year surpassed my expectations in ways I cannot begin to do justice to; The bikes lived up to their potential, the routes were as tough as they were awe inspiring, the contestants had their lives changed, literally! It was a privilege to witness and be a small part of.

I am very happy to be able to be here at the beginning again and congratulate you for being chosen to have the opportunity to become a finalist.

Why are we doing this?

I know the dual sport adventure concept needs no convincing to people like yourselves, but there are many many more out there that we intend to become close friends and first choice with.  Shiny brochures, slick marketing speak and good looking pro’s just doesn’t cut it anymore. Markets are moved by the passions of real everyday people living their dream.  And that my friends, is going to be your job.

But first, of course, you are going to have to get past these next 3 days. Can you be a great addition to a team? Are you resourceful and with good character? Is your attitude and humour enough for when things get tough or don’t go so well? Are you the kind of person I’d be proud to know and love to have on any adventure with me?

At first glance, looking around and from hearing of the handpicking that’s gone on to get you here, I’m worried that we will have our work cut out choosing who will be joining us.

I wish you the very best.

Have fun, be safe and Good Luck!

The Specialized team

The prize…

The place

Registration