Helmet - Some useless information

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bommelina

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
          Long long ago, round about 2007, if I remember correctly, I bought an Uvex lightweight carbon helmet for about R6000.00 new. Many years later I want to replace it with a new one, but was told these helmets are no longer in production.

So I end up in Hamburg (Germany) during 2014, tried various motorcycle accessory shops there with the same result.

Last week, while in Münich sampling some good quality Bavarian fizzy hops drinks, I found a helmet to my liking for the grand sum of 299.99 Euro minus the 19%VAT charged by Aunti Merkel.

Now here is the interesting part. Have a look at the photographs. The one on the left is the much abused old one. Those white stripes are duct tape I stuck on to prevent the peak from rattling at the warp speeds of the PitBike. On Tsar’ Nikholay this is not a problem as the Rusky is going nowhere slowly. On the right is the new helmet.

Now the question is did Uvex change name? Is it made under a new brand?

hh

Attachments

• _Top.jpg
    _Top.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 492