Cage holiday planning - Swartberg pass to Hel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinusBez

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Vespa (all models)
Hi guys and girls

I'm planning our annual long holiday and the missus said she wants to relax and see off the beaten path things. My listening radar just went through the roof.
So with 2 kids in a bakkie I know the first day will be the most distance covered but I also don't want to sit in the car for a whole day.
Planning so far is from Sodom and Gomorrah (JHB) sleep over at Hanover, then Loxton or Sutherland then to Prince Albert over Swartberg to Die Hel and sleep over somewhere there.
We're not camping.
From there the general direction is somewhere between the N1 and 2 to Stellies, CT up to Paternoster and back via Cederberg and haven't decided which way back home from there.
Not so hell bent on must do dirt, we have about 2 weeks and don't want to drive more than 2-3 hours a day after Hanover. Back I don't mind a long slog.
In CT I pick up my inlaws and take them with to Paternoster where we'll overnight somewhere and do the mandatory Strandloper visit.

Is this (Swartberg and Hel) doable in a Ford Ranger?