Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Funny motorcycle stories  (Read 3061 times)

Offline Edgar

• Local Mods
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1050 Adventure
Re: Funny motorcycle stories
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2018, 11:16:49 am »
Early eighties a buddy came out of Tygerberg Hospital some six months after a serious car accident. Both legs still in huge wooden boxes with pins through his legs. Still immobile, he asked if he can borrow my bike to go to the nurses res at Tygerberg Hospital to visit a nurse he met while in hospital. Now he has basically been in bed for more than six months, so his balance is not very good. So we strap his legs to the tank of my RD350 and helped him of with a little push to get going. The plan was he would ride there, try not to stop all the way from Stellenbosch to the Hospital res, stop against a wall where she can help him to get off the bike. He was suppose to change the gears with his hand. With a lot of luck he actually made it to the N1, where he crashed, totalling my bike.

I don't know whether I should feel sorry for you, your buddy or the bike? Either way funny story :imaposer:

Offline Dux

« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2018, 11:22:46 am »
Some or other biker event and this guys bike won't start , GS1000G so guy goes push starting the bike , picks up a bit of speed , jumps sidesaddle on the seat , misses the seat and bliksems off right there and then . Everyone packs up laughing , guy lifts up his bike and pushes it quietly away till out of site .

We are at the campsite as teenyboppers and the Katana had just come out , so windgat guy is riding around the pool irritating the crap out of everyone , until his front wheel slipped on the wet tiles around the pool and rider and bike donner into the pool , we all cheered , never saw him again the rest of the weekend but some other guys came around later to fish the bike out of the pool .

Arrive at the Pig and Whistle in Rondebosch one cold evening , guy is about to leave and is busy kitting up , just got his gloves on and puked inside his helmet , wouldn't have been so bad if his scarf hadn't blocked the bottom of his helmet  ???
Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
073 232 5389 / 065 967 4661
Unit 6 Viben square
8 Viben Road , Brackenfell

Offline jaybiker

• Old school=Old's cool.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2018, 03:04:25 pm »
Three of us went for an impromptu Saturday ride to the seaside. Margate, that's the English one. Arriving just after mid day we didn't waste much time exploring, but headed straight for the nearest lively looking pub. There we stayed all afternoon and evening until closing time when we staggered out, very much the worse for wear and somehow managed to ride around looking for a place to sleep. A seafront shelter on the promenade seemed to be the best option so we parked the bikes and settled on the hard bench seats for an uncomfortable night with sick bellies and spinning heads. With the eventual coming of daylight we tried to start the bikes. Only one managed, and being parked on wet grass, as soon as he let out the clutch, down went the bike on top of him and broke his shoulder. Fortunately there was a call box nearby and one of us, don't remember who, managed to summon an ambulance. When this arrived, we all piled in and went to the hospital to give our friend our support. The Nurses came out and seeing who they thought was the obvious emergency case, promptly seized me and put me on a trolley, telling the other two including the one with the busted shoulder to wait in the waiting room.  :eek7:
Succumb not to the erosion of those born of unconsecrated union.

"Two Wheels, an engine and a place to sit." What more do you need?

2021 a milestone. 60 years a biker.

Offline Gypsybaron

• It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2018, 07:02:37 pm »

We go on a breakfast run , John arrives but something is wrong , where is the wife , they had stopped for fuel and she ran in to use the loo , he forgot and rode off without her  ;D

He probably did it on purpose...
“All education is self-education. A teacher is only a guide, to point out the way, and no school, no matter how excellent, can give you education. What you receive is like the outlines in a child’s coloring book. You must fill in the colors yourself.” Louis L'Amour - The lonesome gods

Online Wayne

« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2018, 08:29:27 pm »
Another Fontana Hilbrow moment.

Most Wednesday evenings and most weekends when we were not at Kayalami  or going to Vryheid KZN we ended up on the STOEP.
Just sitting on your bike, chatting and people watching.

So one Friday night we were just minding our own business when this group of troepe pulled in.  Already lekker warm on Polisiekoffie.
So we started sharing the Polisiekoffie with them.
Later Kassie.. yes the same guy that split us on the road remembers that he still have two bottles of wine at the Spoorweg Single Quarters in Langlaagte.
So he hops on the back of my GS1000G and off we went to fetch the wine to share with our troepe pelle.

We came back and really enjoyed the evening with the troepe.

Where all the booze came from I will not know.

The next day when I woke up in the JHB GEN Hospital I was told the following story:

Some time during our KUIER I was doing doughnuts on the STOEP.
Then this dude on a klapped out old Honda tried the same.  He could not even get a puff of smoke from his tyre.
Apparently I told him his Honda was a piece of shit.
I cannot remember that and also I did not even know there was a fight.
Apparently the fight was over quickly and I was taken away in an ambulance with concussion.

Great times in Hilbrow.  :ricky:
This was so funny. Had a good chuckle.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.

Offline Jovan

« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2018, 09:12:58 pm »
 :sip:

Offline mtr89

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • one grateful dude
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2018, 02:57:25 am »
Been some great stories on here!! :laughing4: :laughing4:
KX125-sold;DT 175-sold;XT660R-sold;VFR 800-sold;SR250-soldt;2006 YZ 250 2t sold;2009 YZ 250 2t sold; 2013 XT 660Z Tenere-current

Offline Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Mommy Fairy :)
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2018, 08:29:53 am »
Some or other biker event and this guys bike won't start , GS1000G so guy goes push starting the bike , picks up a bit of speed , jumps sidesaddle on the seat , misses the seat and bliksems off right there and then . Everyone packs up laughing , guy lifts up his bike and pushes it quietly away till out of site .

We are at the campsite as teenyboppers and the Katana had just come out , so windgat guy is riding around the pool irritating the crap out of everyone , until his front wheel slipped on the wet tiles around the pool and rider and bike donner into the pool , we all cheered , never saw him again the rest of the weekend but some other guys came around later to fish the bike out of the pool .

Arrive at the Pig and Whistle in Rondebosch one cold evening , guy is about to leave and is busy kitting up , just got his gloves on and puked inside his helmet , wouldn't have been so bad if his scarf hadn't blocked the bottom of his helmet  ???

:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:
"Don't let your ice cream melt while you're counting somebody else's sprinkles."