Funny motorcycle stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dux

Bachelor Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)
Yes , we've all had them , funny , stupid , embarrassing stories around motorcycles .

Years ago our one student mate had a DT175 with a stuffed ignition switch which could be switched on or off with a screwdriver , so he left it permanently on and used the kill switch , so one night he pissed off a few of us and one of us turned his ignition off , he pushed his bike home that night .

Get a call out one day , client with a Triumph Sprint and his bike is dead but he is in Clanwilliam , I shoot through and realise someone had switched his kill switch to the off position and that cuts power to the dash as well as ignition , anyway a flick of the switch and all is good , at least I had a good ride through .

Was on my way back from Mossel Bay and I stop off at the fuel station in Riversdale and I bump into a guy , lets call him Bob , so I ask what he was doing there , he was on a ride with a club to Greyton and due to his sluggish slow speed he kept falling way behind and the club would have to wait for him , in Grabouw they told him to just follow the N2 and he will arrive there . They forgot that he wasn't exactly a bright spark and as I mentioned I bumped into him in Riversdale . Who knows how far he would have gone if I weren't there .

Had a guy at Wingfield with us , he was arrogant and anal , both in large quantities , so he services his bike , a CB900F one day , after he had finished we put a puddle of oil under his bike , he almost did a complete engine strip there and then  :biggrin:

Another guy asks me to find out the fork oil quantity on his bike for him , I duly give him the correct quantity and he phones me a few days later , something is wrong , he put in what I had specified but it was too much because it overflowed and now his front suspension was solid . The tosser hadn't removed the original oil  ???

So I am practising at Killarney , and my mate John asks me to test his bike because he is convinced it is about to seize , I take it out and realise his problem , the grip is rotation on the twistgrip o down the main and back straight it would start closing  :biggrin:

As school lighties we were a mischievous bunch and one night the coppers had a big road block and about 10 bikes on duty , so we went and played musical keys with their bikes  :biggrin:

So I am on my RZ350 pissing off guy on Katana down Franz Conradie road , we both see the lines for the speed trap so we cross it at 60 then pin the throttle , we didn't see that the first was a dummy and the real trap was a couple hundred meters further . Murphy was on my side that day , ass I pinned the throttle the bike hit reserve , the poor guy on the Katana got a moerse fine .

My first bike was an MTX200R , great little machine , so I am out one day with the car and when I return I notice that my bike has an extra reflector but I don't think much of it . A few days later the family are sitting around at dinner table and my mom bursts out laughing , she just can't keep it in any more . In my absence on the Sunday my dad decided to ride my bike , he only got about 2 or 3 meters and had flipped the bike , tyre marks 2 meters high on the wall and handlebar through the window . I had just purchased a whole bunch of used spares a few days earlier which he used to repair my bike and he was too afraid to tell me , the only thing I was upset about was not having been there to witness it .

Was at a club in CT one night , guy is revving his bike , his mate goes and taps him on the shoulder and biker turns around , but forgot bike was still in gear when he removed his clutch hand , the bike bliksemed right through the plate glass window with the rider totally bewildered .

We go on a breakfast run , John arrives but something is wrong , where is the wife , they had stopped for fuel and she ran in to use the loo , he forgot and rode off without her  ;D

Ok , that is a few and there are loads more , that is without even going into the industry side of things , add a few more stories