Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: F850GS - 13/50-Enduro d’Agadir - now in showrooms ...  (Read 1814 times)

Offline XRRX

F850GS - 13/50-Enduro d’Agadir - now in showrooms ...
« on: October 09, 2018, 03:55:33 pm »
Enduro d’Agadir - a Rally in Marocco - old news yes - think it all happened in April already - but this "Kamakazi pilot" did well with a standard 230kg bike I would say ...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 07:36:53 am by XRRX »

Offline Pannas

mmm, they swapped the exhaust and chain drive....

Offline Grunder

• Muscles can't buy mad dog!
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
Gemengde gevoelens oor die fiets, maar ek sal hom koop!!

It's starting to grow on me
Honda NC700X (sold)
BMW F800GS

Offline XRRX

Likewise here!  :thumleft:
It's entrance into the medium size market is rather quiet and uneventful thus far - as is the looks in pictures ...
But - I have a "feeling" it is going to prove itself over time, and may also be better looking in the flesh ...
Let's see!
I like the power figure and tubeless wheels - as well as BMW's new 3 yr unlimited km warranty!!
Rumour has it to land locally in Nov!  :ricky:

Offline Grunder

• Muscles can't buy mad dog!

It's entrance into the medium size market is rather quiet and uneventful thus far - as is the looks in pictures ...
But - I have a "feeling" it is going to prove itself over time, and may also be better looking in the flesh ...
Let's see!
I like the power figure and tubeless wheels - as well as BMW's new 3 yr unlimited km warranty!!

The buzz-killer I think is going to be the price though
Honda NC700X (sold)
BMW F800GS

Offline XRRX

Let's see!

The buzz-killer I think is going to be the price though

Jip - the "mother buffer" in the matter!!  :'(

The following users thanked this post: OomD

Offline BuRP

Ek het selfde gehoop toe ek hoor hy gaan werkelikheid word, maar die ding is hopeloos te swaar.
Mind, hy sal kringe om die boxers draai!
Egter, n KTM 790 Adventure gaan sy gat skop op wragtig elke aspek!
Ek wag eintlik op die Husqvarna 801, hopelik met n groot-genoeg tenk  :thumleft:
Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Cross, Jawa 250, Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701, KTM 790 Adv R ordered

Offline Pannas

Persoonlik... T7 vir my.... lyk die mooiste, en julle kan maar weet hy gaan die goedkoopste wees

Offline XRRX

Ek het selfde gehoop toe ek hoor hy gaan werkelikheid word, maar die ding is hopeloos te swaar.
Mind, hy sal kringe om die boxers draai!
Egter, n KTM 790 Adventure gaan sy gat skop op wragtig elke aspek!
Ek wag eintlik op die Husqvarna 801, hopelik met n groot-genoeg tenk  :thumleft:

It weighs the same as my 800GSA - with 9l less fuel in its belly - so yes - light it sure isn't - but my 800 with 10yr older technology handles beautifully - and goes pretty well - with 10hp less!!

To say the 790 is going to be better in every aspect - is a bit - just say ludicrous ...

Yes - the 790 should be quicker out off the blocks, will wheelie and power-slide better, and that's about it - perfect for the "windgat" boys ...  :peepwall:

The GS on the other hand will be way more comfortable, more economical, more reliable, a better long distance machine with way better back-up/dealer support!! - ... ideal for grown-ups ...  ;)

The following users thanked this post: Pannas

Offline XRRX

Persoonlik... T7 vir my.... lyk die mooiste, en julle kan maar weet hy gaan die goedkoopste wees

Yamaha = cheap!!!  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

Offline heti

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Heti, the abominable slowman!
Anyone heard anything regarding SA launch date / availability?

Offline XRRX

Anyone heard anything regarding SA launch date / availability?

Local Dealer says somewhere during November ...  :-\

Offline BuRP

Yes - the 790 should be quicker out off the blocks, will wheelie and power-slide better, and that's about it - perfect for the "windgat" boys

Thank you thank you thank you, it's a long time since someone called me a windgat!  :thumleft:

But eh...
more economical
... I've never bought a bike to save fuel with   ;D
Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Cross, Jawa 250, Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701, KTM 790 Adv R ordered

Offline Dwerg

To say the 790 is going to be better in every aspect - is a bit - just say ludicrous ...

Yes - the 790 should be quicker out off the blocks, will wheelie and power-slide better, and that's about it - perfect for the "windgat" boys ...  :peepwall:

The GS on the other hand will be way more comfortable, more economical, more reliable, a better long distance machine with way better back-up/dealer support!! - ... ideal for grown-ups ...  ;)

The KTM is almost 50kg(*) lighter than the BMW, has bigger fuel tank and fully adjustable suspension. In a DS bike? Who needs it!!

The only thing at this point which should make a person choose a dual sport BM over a KTM is BMWs perceived backup and support. Either you like muffins and holding hands while singing kumbaya, or you like pure riding.

*Assuming similar weight to a Duke
Wise Web Worx

Honda: CRF230 x 2, CRF450X, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail; BMW: G450X, F800GS, F650GS Twin, F650GS Single, R50/2; KTM: 250XCW, 690R RS, 640ADV, 950ADV; Yamaha: BWS x 2, Chappy

Offline XRRX

The KTM is almost 50kg(*) lighter than the BMW, has bigger fuel tank and fully adjustable suspension. In a DS bike? Who needs it!!

The only thing at this point which should make a person choose a dual sport BM over a KTM is BMWs perceived backup and support. Either you like muffins and holding hands while singing kumbaya, or you like pure riding.

*Assuming similar weight to a Duke

Relax - this thread was never intended as a KTM vs BMW battle - then I would have posted it under General ....
I also belief that neither BM or KTM designed these 2 bikes as being direct competition!!!

If the 790 will really only weighs in at 180 WET - it will indeed be remarkeble!!! Let's wait and see a while longer...

As for the sarcastic "Kumbaya" remark - be what it maybe... Given a choice I'll still rather hold hands while singing Kumbaya - instead of irritating people up and down a small town's main street on my overly noisy KTM ...

Offline BuRP

up and down a small town's main street on my overly noisy KTM ...

Yeah, a great hobby that is, I agree - and with every bark a few cobblestones come loose then, flippin' awesome ek se!

:peepwall:

Offline XRRX

up and down a small town's main street on my overly noisy KTM ...

Yeah, a great hobby that is, I agree - and with every bark a few cobblestones come loose then, flippin' awesome ek se!

:peepwall:
Jip - and with every bark a few more people starts to hate our "passion & sport" ... One of these days we will have nowhere to ride ek se!!  >:D

Offline BuRP

Dwerg,

I bet you here that my bike is way louder than yours, plus it will rip more cobbles per launch than yours!
Know of a small serene amper-dood dorpie somewhere where we can test this?

:P

Offline Jacobsroodt

• vendor
  • Carpe Diem (in Afrikaans: Life's short, Ride hard)
    • West Coast Parts
There have been a few shootouts, comparing the F850GS to the Africa Twin to the 800 Tiger. Results are interesting, but 850 seems to be best offroad.

BoosterPlug, LED Spots, Tool Tubes, RustStop, Kappa Screens, Top boxes, Tank Bags - whatever works for me.

The following users thanked this post: XRRX

Offline Dwerg

Dwerg,

I bet you here that my bike is way louder than yours, plus it will rip more cobbles per launch than yours!
Know of a small serene amper-dood dorpie somewhere where we can test this?

:P

I have a gutted Acrapovic and full knobblies. Bring earplugs and a chest protector  >:D
Wise Web Worx

Honda: CRF230 x 2, CRF450X, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail; BMW: G450X, F800GS, F650GS Twin, F650GS Single, R50/2; KTM: 250XCW, 690R RS, 640ADV, 950ADV; Yamaha: BWS x 2, Chappy