AT First Time Starting - Or Rather kinda not starting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TallPaul

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
So, My AT is 10 months old and it's got 1600K's on it. Before anyone asks I hit a rough spot with the business in March and i have had my head buried in the sand trying to float the ship that is my income, hence the low mileage. But things have come around slowly over the last few months and i have started investing into the odds and ends to protect the beast, and i'm looking forward to touring shortly with it

And this is the point, where I start with the dumb question/s, From day one, this beast of mine, started first time, cold, hot winter summer. nothing stopped it.

but now, the last couple days ( MAYBE 1 or 2 weeks )  the morning start has taken 1-3 attempts to bring her to life. Eventually, it started this morning and jump on and down to shops and back, it started a bit better but not quite there where it was.  So My first thought, is the battery is on the way out because i haven't really ridden her over the last couple months,  so i chucked the charger on it, The C-tek 5 something something whatever..... and it started the charge at a very low state and has taken most of the day to bring it back to normal. Test started it again and still a little sluggish ( or Maybe my ODC has kicked in properly, but i'm dead sure it's sluggish )

So is it the battery that is poked ? and not pushing the right amps ? or is it something else

I have a feeling i'm taking a battery out tomorrow  :laughing4: