Wife of ex-biker (deceased) in need

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eberhard

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Moto Guzzi (all models)
Tony Lammers, a well known and respected BMW mechanic passed away a few months ago. I knew and walked a path with him for almost 30 years. He never had it “too comfortable” financially wise. After his retirement as BMW mechanic he kept the pot cooking by working from his home on bikes. He worked on almost any old bike and knew the British and pre 1995 BMW bikes off by heart. He worked on many WD bikes and many WDs from Pretoria knew of him. Also outside of Pretoria he was known.

Since his death his widow has been struggling to keep things afloat. It is not going well financially. His son, Anton Lammers and myself are sporadically in touch and I can vouch that they are having it really tight.

This past weekend I went round their place (in Silverton, Pretoria) and with Anton I went through his dad’s garage. I took some pictures of tools and stuff he had, which I am going to post in the bike related for sale section. Please take the trouble and have a look if there is stuff of interest. They really need the money you guys (and gals). By selling off his dad’s stuff Anton is trying to plug some holes and keep the wolfs (running expenses, etc) at bay.  Tony it appeared after his death had a bit of a liquidity problem (they owe the local municipality alone in arrear levies / electricity about R52 000).

Tony Lammers was a biker to the core (though he stopped riding bikes later in his years due to medical reasons). He knew bikes like only a few people could / can. He lived for bikes. Please again, help out in a very deserving cause and ex-biker’s family.

At this stage I am assisting in helping to sell Tony’s stuff by posting it here for sale. If you are interested in any of it (or want to assist in any other way), please contact Tony’s son, Anton, directly. The stuff is under his control and is located at Silverton, Pretoria.

Anton’s contact number:  0 seven eight two 29 9 four four 2

Thanks guys!  :thumleft: