Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Can you get Enduro pro plug aftermarket  (Read 759 times)

Offline Daffyd

Can you get Enduro pro plug aftermarket
« on: October 17, 2018, 12:51:42 pm »
Good day Gents, Iím looking at coming over to your side and getting a 1200 LC, the bike I am looking at only goes up to enduro. If at a later stage I want pro would I be able to get a  plug for it or am I stuck?

Thanks in advance

Dathyn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Frannarossi

• Vendor
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • karoorooster@gmail.com
Re: Can you get Enduro pro plug aftermarket
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 12:53:30 pm »
The extra plug "dongle" should be under the front seat
If you don't live on the edge,you take up too much space!!!

Offline Daffyd

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 12:55:45 pm »
Thanks I did check but itís not there

Offline caconcepts

• Canvas & Aluminium Concepts
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 01:00:03 pm »

I have one for you..... :3some: :3some: :3some: :3some: :3some:
DT50, XL500, F650GS Dakar, Honda NC700, F650CS, R1200GS, R1200GSA, K1200LT, G450X, G650XChallenge

Offline DavidMorrisXp

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 01:15:20 pm »
Good day Gents, Iím looking at coming over to your side and getting a 1200 LC, the bike I am looking at only goes up to enduro. If at a later stage I want pro would I be able to get a  plug for it or am I stuck?

Thanks in advance

Dathyn

Try Joel at Continental Port Elizabeth, he is a member here - Joel@Continental_BMW_P

Check out my YouTube channel, please like & subscribe

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUyKBSrBu-N5oswrTlAhphQ

Offline Daffyd

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 02:53:53 pm »

I have one for you..... :3some: :3some: :3some: :3some: :3some:
Do you know if one can just plug it in and it will work? He said it is full spec. Pm a price please

Offline OomD

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 03:04:45 pm »
Given the cost and development effort of these dongles I would be very surprised if you can plug an arbitrary one into your bike and have it work. Even the gear-shift is "married" to the bike it is installed on and won't work if you transfer it to another bike, as far as I know. It would probably be tied to the VIN of the bike it originally came with, and have encrypted comms, etc.

But, perhaps I am wrong and then you'll be in luck! Either way, let us know here what the outcome is.

Offline Daffyd

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2018, 03:24:17 pm »
Given the cost and development effort of these dongles I would be very surprised if you can plug an arbitrary one into your bike and have it work. Even the gear-shift is "married" to the bike it is installed on and won't work if you transfer it to another bike, as far as I know. It would probably be tied to the VIN of the bike it originally came with, and have encrypted comms, etc.

But, perhaps I am wrong and then you'll be in luck! Either way, let us know here what the outcome is.

Thatís what I thought but one forum a guy said that the ďplugĒ just bridges the wiring to activate and he just used a piece of paperclip to bridge the wires on the bike and it worked.

Offline OomD

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2018, 06:57:38 am »

Thatís what I thought but one forum a guy said that the ďplugĒ just bridges the wiring to activate and he just used a piece of paperclip to bridge the wires on the bike and it worked.

He's talking kak.

Offline Daffyd

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2018, 04:06:59 pm »
Turns out believe it or not, any plug will work, this was confirm by two separate BMW okes. Iím not about to try a paperclip but as long as it a full spec a ďplugĒ will work

Offline DavidMorrisXp

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2018, 04:38:22 pm »
I would get the right BMW one, I wouldn't want a ECU failure and BMW can say the dongle was the cause
Check out my YouTube channel, please like & subscribe

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUyKBSrBu-N5oswrTlAhphQ

Offline caconcepts

• Canvas & Aluminium Concepts
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2018, 04:49:26 pm »
Turns out believe it or not, any plug will work, this was confirm by two separate BMW okes. Iím not about to try a paperclip but as long as it a full spec a ďplugĒ will work

Daffyd, mine is a a BMW plug off a 2014 GSA.
DT50, XL500, F650GS Dakar, Honda NC700, F650CS, R1200GS, R1200GSA, K1200LT, G450X, G650XChallenge

Offline YoungGSer

• Ride the WORLD
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2018, 08:36:54 pm »

Thanks in advance

Dathyn

Try Joel at Continental Port Elizabeth, he is a member here - Joel@Continental_BMW_P

He doesnít work there anymore as far as Iím aware.

The Original Barstool Prophet

R1200 GS Adventure 2017

Offline K-9

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2018, 12:39:36 pm »
many written off bikes out there, find a friendly dealer to get a plug. 
Great family 4x4 accommodation ... see Facebook, Google maps and airbnb.. Mkulu Kei / Wild Wind Ranch

Bikes owned in the past: AC50, AC100, SP370, XT185E, GS550CE, DL650 V-strom, GS650, DR650, GSA1200 2009, GSA1200 2011: GSA1200LC 2014, GS800.

Still own or sponsor today: GSA 1200 LC tft adventure 2018, Honda CTX200 bushlander, Yamaha rhino 660, GS800 2011 (daughter), GSA1200 adventure LC 2016 (son).

Offline Bravofox

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2018, 07:18:28 am »
Saw on advrider forum that any wire works as it is just a circuit that is closed.

Anyway, my bike was delivered from the dealer with the plug installed. I removed it over the weekend to test the "normal" Enduro, as the manual states that Enduro PRO is suited for knobby tyres off-road, whereas normal Enduro is suited for stock tyres off-road. Normal Enduro felt better for my non-aggressive riding style, and I was making plans on how to keep the dongle out, but the dealer did not provide the cover to protect the exposed plug from dust an dirt. I ended up plugging it back in (so I cannot loose it) and I have setup the Enduro PRO to function like the Normal Enduro mode through the menus, which is allot better than fiddling with a plug.

Offline OomD

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2018, 07:47:30 am »
Saw on advrider forum that any wire works as it is just a circuit that is closed.

Anyway, my bike was delivered from the dealer with the plug installed. I removed it over the weekend to test the "normal" Enduro, as the manual states that Enduro PRO is suited for knobby tyres off-road, whereas normal Enduro is suited for stock tyres off-road. Normal Enduro felt better for my non-aggressive riding style, and I was making plans on how to keep the dongle out, but the dealer did not provide the cover to protect the exposed plug from dust an dirt. I ended up plugging it back in (so I cannot loose it) and I have setup the Enduro PRO to function like the Normal Enduro mode through the menus, which is allot better than fiddling with a plug.
Apart from enabling Enduro Pro (and also DYNA for road profiles) the other advantage is that it remembers your last settings, those related to ABS, suspension, Traction Control and riding mode. Without the plug it would be like to older aircooled bikes, you would have to switch off ABS each time you turn on the ignition, for example, when riding offroad.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 07:48:31 am by OomD »