R354...and a bit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mungo Park

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
it was one of those days,the wife,kids and work made me look at my map and I decided that it was time for a little r&r.i took the r345 from start in Ceres to Kleinsee.I left at about 4 in the morning,needless to say Ceres was farken freezing and i continued to be frozen till about 11.

The distance was substantial,but the combination of Jamesons and regular stops took the frost off my front teeth ::)

the route; Ceres-Calvinia(255km,10.65l,23.94km/l) Calvinia- Springbok(340km,14.632l,23.24km/l) Springbok- Kleinsee(113km,4.94l,22.92km/l) Kleinsee-Noup(80km5.13l,15.59km/l)

I  had to get permission to enter Kleinsee as I needed get some supper at the local Spar and to fill up just in case Koinaas did not have..Tday's riding was great,never rushed and my tent at Noup was met with vigour after some whiskey and supper..that was the end of day one,here is a couple of pics,I ll post day two a.s.a.p. :)

Bloukrans pas
the windpomp expo at Loeriesfontein ???

the filling station at Kliprand

apart from the sheep,there was no one to be seen

the pass after Springbok...

what can I say?

the end of the R355... ;D

tent with a great view
https://img531.imageshack.us/my.php?image=r355006rp4.flv