Post Race Depression - who else suffers with it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buff

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
I’m following the Kalahari Rally thread and I see there’s one or two mentions of PRD (Post Race Depression). I suffer from this really badly and it would appear as if I’m not the only one. Matter of fact, it doesn’t even have to be a race, just a big event that’s passed will get me started and it seems to be getting worse the older I get.

My previous bout was after returning from assisting with marshaling at the Tankwa Rally. I was just helping out where I could and was so looking forward to the terrain and mingling with the locals again and then boom… it was over and I was suddenly desperate to get a fix somewhere else  :'(
This past weekend I just returned from an awesome weekend away at Grootvadersbosch with my MTB mates and 3 days later I find myself scanning my calendar and counting my leave days remaining in an effort to get my next fix  :-[

Damn, it’s like a bloody addiction and it’s driving me bonkers  :BangHead:  I find myself questioning all sorts of life choices after these events and contemplating ways to become a wealthy gypsy  :brave:  Am I just being ungrateful and acting like a spoilt brat or is this something you guys sit with as well? Is there a fix? Do I need counseling? Or do I just need another race/trip?