‘13 Suzuki DL1000 vs ‘13 KTM 1190 vs ‘15 KTM 1050

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PieterKLR650

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Adventure S
Hi fellow Dogs,

So, I have decided that this longing feeling to have two wheels in my garage again...needs attention.

First time ever that I will be financing a bike and looking at spending between 80-110K, so I need to make a proper and decent decision.
The wife and I would like to, when time/(money) allows hit the road over a weekend, whether it’s a breakfast run or a weekend breakaway...but we want to do it together. I might want take on some gravel as well....but still considering.

I have considered a few bikes and narrowed it down to either a
- DL 1000(24000km@ 90K),
- a 1190(44000km@ 109K) or
- a 1050(12000km@ 108K)

I know the 1190 will be a great option should I want to go offroad and the DL & 1150 mainly road use.

I will be having the bike for a long time...so need something that will give me proper mileage, good service and not break the bank in terms of maintenance.
I will be doing some homework in terms of comparisons etc..etc.. but thought I could get some advice/suggestions etc from the group that can also assist with the decision making process.

I have taken the DL for a spin but still need to take the KTM’s out.

Thanking all in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk