Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Weather in Bulembu and Mlilwane Swaziland in October?  (Read 211 times)

Offline Roadhawg

• Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
Weather in Bulembu and Mlilwane Swaziland in October?
« on: October 22, 2018, 07:39:09 am »
Going to Swaziland for the first time with a group of guys end of the week.   We're going in at Bulembu for a night, and then riding down to Mlilwane area.   I think the riding will be fairly easy, a lot of the guys are on triumph bonneville/scramblers and that so nothing hectic.

Just wondering about the climate?  Part of me thinks it's kinda near the Lowveld....HOT!!!  But then again isn't Bulembu in the mountains (Could be cold)

I've got a nice Rally jacket and wear armour underneath but that double layer in 30deg+ gets pretty damn warm.  Other option is a full mesh street jacket, but not as easy to travel in and zero help if it does get cold.

What should I be expecting?
Stu
1290 SA-R

Offline Oshkosh

Re: Weather in Bulembu and Mlilwane Swaziland in October?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 10:24:09 am »
@Roadhawg

Try this Link for weather forecast.  :thumleft:
Kobus Botha http://www.weatherphotos.co.za/
2017 R1200RS SPORT F#ck Me what an Animal!
2010 R1200GS ADV "The Comfy Chair with GRUNT"(SOLD)
2012 R1200RT "The Wife's Little Tourer"

Offline Noneking

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 10:32:30 am »
We are experiencing fairly cool weather in the Lowveld at present, but looks like it will heat up towards the weekend.

Swazi can cool down significantly at night and early morning riding can be very chilly, especially high lying areas like Bulembu.
2006 HP2 Enduro 1229
2019 KTM 790 R

NONEKING'S RIDE REPORTS - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=226099.0

Offline Roadhawg

• Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 10:41:08 am »
We are experiencing fairly cool weather in the Lowveld at present, but looks like it will heat up towards the weekend.

Swazi can cool down significantly at night and early morning riding can be very chilly, especially high lying areas like Bulembu.

Thanks man, :thumleft:

Just getting a weather forecast doesn't give you a great idea.  30deg in JHB is fine, but 30deg in the lowveld is harsh haha
Stu
1290 SA-R