New BMW1250 GS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plaky

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
I have been looking at some of the ride reports on YouTube for the 1250GS.  The one guys did a roll on from 30km/h to 100km/h between a 1200GSA and the ney 1250 and there was around a 4 second difference,. One could say that the GSA is quite a bit heavier say loose a second. Most of the feedback is it is a vert well balanced and smooth bike with the new motor but to buy up, they all say the cost is too much. I have heard that they are looking at R288k for the stock GS, but not sure what all the extra's will be on this. I am not sure that I can justify the additional R60K for a few changes and the increase in motor size. The GSA they are looking at around R320k which is crazy! I would have to pay in around R150k on a new 1250 using my 2014 GS at a trade in of around R135k. I am sure that second GS's are now going to become hot property with the pricing of the new bikes! BMW spec the bikes too high and make unaffordable for most people. I might look at a 2018 good second hand one with lowish mileage and see what I can get. I actually asked if I could order a 2018 spec GS which includes the TFT screen and BMW said no! Great customer service!