Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Around Southern Africa on 2 small bikes  (Read 8995 times)

Offline Offroadrider

Re: Around Southern Africa on 2 small bikes
« Reply #340 on: January 06, 2019, 10:11:49 pm »
Wow and that was my Sunday afternoon,,, brilliant.

The following users thanked this post: maria41

Offline maria41

« Reply #341 on: January 14, 2019, 03:47:40 pm »
Thanks Maria, I thoroughly enjoyed that report. As a South African now living in the UK it was interesting getting your perspective on the areas that you visited. If you are anywhere near Surrey it would be great to meet you guys.

We are not far from Surrey at all actually!  ;D
Although at the moment none of our bikes are in a state to be ridden. My honda CB500 has its battery out and I need to get it prepped up for sale in March. The XT250 will go soon to the workshop as I just got some parts for the USA. It needs some serious TLC!  :angel11:

Offline maria41

« Reply #342 on: January 14, 2019, 03:49:01 pm »
Awesome Report Maria!
Glad I was able to meet you!
Thanks and thanks also to everyone posting here appreciation of the RR! Always great to know people enjoy the reading the RR and knowing it is not just a pure exercise in talking to myself!  :biggrin:

Offline maria41

« Reply #343 on: January 14, 2019, 03:51:10 pm »
Fantastic RR, easy to read and brimming with anecdotes too, which really completes these kind of reports for me.
Just a note on the small bikes though; they are great due to their low mass and handling but the bikes you are riding also have full EFI engines and are just as vulnerable to connectivity issues as the BMW would have been.   A true African machine will need to run a carburettor and Chinese tyres!
Safe riding!

;D True  but they are easy and cheap to fix. We may end up buying  cheap Chinese 125s on a future trip, who knows? This is not the end of our motorcycle adventures yet  >:D

Offline Clockwork Orange

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #344 on: January 14, 2019, 04:33:39 pm »
Awesome Report Maria!
Glad I was able to meet you!
Thanks and thanks also to everyone posting here appreciation of the RR! Always great to know people enjoy the reading the RR and knowing it is not just a pure exercise in talking to myself!  :biggrin:

Excellent!!, I am in Ripley, near Guildford
When in doubt...grab throttle!!!