BEWARE - sales of fake goods on WD!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BiG DoM

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
Just a thumbs up regarding fake goods being smoused on this forum. I bought a "top of the line ... blah blah" (full page description with detailed specs and video link) new OGIO No Drag Mach 5 Backpack for top dollar here and paid courier fees, only to discover that it was a fake.  :eek7: Quite easy to pick up as materials are clearly inferior, labels missing, some features and finishes missing etc. My homework revealed that at least one other forum member had the same experience with the same goods - sold by a different WD member who is a registered vendor (and well known WD). These goods are being imported via WISH etc and finding their way into our marketplace - some certainly knowingly by sellers. Before you know it you will be naaied by your maaitjies  :dousing:  Fortunately I prevailed upon the seller of my OGIO backpack and got a refund (lost my courier charges, mind), not sure about the other WD that was ripped off or any others victims? :xxbah:

I will not name and shame at this stage but there is a useful search function on this site for those who may be interested in looking into this further. Caveat emptor.