Namaqualand Calls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolweseun

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650R
I had not been to Namaqualand and decided I now need to go
The day finally dawned and I was ready to leave after having been delayed by a week due to unforeseen circumstances.

IMG_0996.JPG

I slabbed it out past Uitenhage and onto the Steytlerville dirt highway after a quick P stop and baggage check

IMG_1000.JPG

I rolled on through Steytlerville and a short section of tar before I hit the dirt again to Willowmore

IMG_1006.JPG

A quick fuel stop in Willowmore where I bumped into two real pretentious pricks on Harleys obviously on their way back from the Gay Parade Harley Rally, saw quite a few other Harley riders who were quite friendly.
I then took the Klaarstroom road which was in great condition and had some nice scenic sections I was really starting to get into a nice rhythm and enjoying the freedom of being on the bike, I could see that the predicted bad weather was looming on the other side of the mountain.

IMG_1016.JPG

IMG_1014.JPG

I still wanted to ride to Prince Albert via Meiringspoort and Swartberg Pass even though the weather looked gloomy

IMG_1016.JPG

Here I came across a few wanabee Wild Dogs

IMG_1020.JPG

IMG_1022.JPG

IMG_1023.JPG

I turned towards Meiringspoort and rode into a fine drizzle initially but the further I went the harder it rained.
I had planned to take a slow ride through here and Swartberg but it was miserable and I moved through to De Rust where it was pouring.

IMG_1025.JPG

IMG_1029.JPG

IMG_1033.JPG