Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: This whole GSC thing!  (Read 5631 times)

Offline popipants

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
  • I came; I saw; I slept
Re: This whole GSC thing!
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2008, 11:14:26 am »
This topic has been discussed to DEATH!!!

And we all have agreed that BMW are absolutely the crapiest bike you can ever buy; and the people who buys it should be shot on site and their bodies left in the sun as a warning to any other potential buyer.

o..and before I forget. KTM's are the best bikes ever made and that will ever be made.  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Now that every has heard what they wanted, can we talk about something more interesting?

Faaaark me, you are sensitive this morning !!!!

Not get it all this morning??????  - Your kelloggs now, I mean  ;D ;D

Don't worry - I like you ........   and your bike  ;D
 ??? ??? ??? ???
o ja.
Not having a good day at all.
I think I need a breakfast beer!!

« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 11:21:08 am by popipants »
I've been on the Jameson diet for a week, so far I've lost 7 days....

Offline Paulsky

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • If it's not Blue with a bit of Orange it's a Lemon
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2008, 11:16:30 am »

As for the rest - what do you reallly want to achieve?

Healthy discourse, also I'm gatvol here at the office and this is a lekker distraction
" TARRED ROADS , JUST ANOTHER PERFECT EXAMPLE OF NEEDLESS,  SPENDING BY THE GOVERNMENT"

Offline Pistonpete

• Shop Mods
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Live to Ride...Ride to Live
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2008, 11:19:23 am »
Why is it that i never see a thread where the KTM guys have to take up the defensive? :)
'Routine is the thief of time'

Offline LuckyStriker

• Stealthy Camper
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
  • Bellville Rock City
    • LuckyStriker's Blog
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2008, 11:19:35 am »
It's threads like these that make me want to quite being a moderator

the original post was a load of horse shit and I really don't want to read the rest of the thread although it's my job :(

thanks Fidel - you ass

Offline popipants

• I came; I saw; I slept
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2008, 11:23:18 am »

the original post was a load of horse shit and I really don't want to read the rest of the thread although it's my job :(

thanks Fidel - you ass

:laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:

Offline popipants

• I came; I saw; I slept
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2008, 11:23:58 am »
Why is it that i never see a thread where the KTM guys have to take up the defensive? :)

Tallest tree's gets the most wind!

Offline Fidel

• Capo di Rompe Coglione
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
  • U KANTE KILLE ME
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2008, 11:24:48 am »
It is funny that it is always people who do not own BMW's who start sh!t threads like this.

If the same was being done, claiming the KTM 640 to be a commuter/tourer, i would have the same concerns. Again, its about the marketing and business ethics.

I like BMs, and I like most of their owners......i just dont think the perception being created is reasonable.

CloudGaz - the GSC is not a test of machine. Riding from here to a remote African destination with no backup and means of repair is. Even finding yourself stuck in the Kalahari because your ABS doesnt like it, is potentially leathal.

Dont teach the owners that they can go anywhere any time. Teach them that they can do some mild offroad but stay close to a BM service shop.  :-\....sorry, that came out wrong  ;D.....Tell them that it is a complex and reasonably sensitive piece of equipment.

Offline Excalibur

« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2008, 11:26:30 am »
Nee wat, hierdie Beemers is kak hoor. Ek trap sommer vas en koop nog een. Ten minste kry hulle minder pap tyres. :peepwall:

Offline Lito

• BANNED TROLL
  • Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • BANNED TROLL
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2008, 11:28:50 am »
sounds like someone or okes need a box of tissues.

single or double ply ladies?

Offline Poffmuis

• aka Newguy
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Rally rally rally
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2008, 11:30:53 am »
I had a BM and it was awesome. Now I R riding a Zook and it R more awesomer. They cannot have a Zook offroad challange, cause they cannot find terrain that is challenging enough.  :pot:
Apparently the reason they sent a probe to Mars
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 11:33:25 am by newguy »

bobnob

« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2008, 11:31:13 am »
CloudGaz - the GSC is not a test of machine. Riding from here to a remote African destination with no backup and means of repair is. Even finding yourself stuck in the Kalahari because your ABS doesnt like it, is potentially leathal.

Dont teach the owners that they can go anywhere any time. Teach them that they can do some mild offroad but stay close to a BM service shop.  :-\....sorry, that came out wrong  ;D.....Tell them that it is a complex and reasonably sensitive piece of equipment.

okay so what your saying is that bmw is unreliable  ???

what bike would you use to do around the world trip? what bike would you use to do a cape to cairo to london trip?

this brings up a very interesting question - which bikes have been around the world the most and have done the most capetown to london trips?

Offline Fidel

• Capo di Rompe Coglione
  • U KANTE KILLE ME
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2008, 11:33:56 am »

thanks Fidel - you ass

Seems there are other grumpy smurfs in the woods today.  :)

Offline Fidel

• Capo di Rompe Coglione
  • U KANTE KILLE ME
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2008, 11:37:32 am »

okay so what your saying is that bmw is unreliable  ???

what bike would you use to do around the world trip? what bike would you use to do a cape to cairo to london trip?

this brings up a very interesting question - which bikes have been around the world the most and have done the most capetown to london trips?

Thats what they said about the Land Rovers.

Offline Plothond

• Bike: KTM 1090 Adventure R
  • I was powerslide pozer KING & TV personality
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2008, 11:37:53 am »
How many incidents was at the RR this year? I know of quite a few! :pot:How many mean ass adventure riders on KTM's ended up in hospital at the RR? Unfortunately their was a really sad incident at the GS Challenge, but it could have happened at the RR as well!

First question answer:
2 incidents of broken bones. The first was dazed who hit the cow (he is btw an exceptionally competent rider) and the second was a chap who missed a turn hit an enbankment and a ditch and broke his hand
A lot of bikes had some scratches and scrapes from a few lay-downs

The statement:
Yes it could have happened at the RR, or even on a normal WD trip

Now an OBSERVATION:
I thought I imagined it last year, but it was confirmed this year
The average skill of the riders at the RR event was exceptionally high. I often felt as if I was at the bottom end of the food chain when it came to the skills displayed.
I wondered what the reason could be and it was partly answered by some of the conversations I heard
Long lost friends and mates met up at the RR and often the conversation moved to their PRE big trailie days. A lot of entrants have had prior MX experiences.
I used to be indecisive, but I'm not so sure anymore

The butcher backed into the meat grinder and got a little behind in his work

Offline popipants

• I came; I saw; I slept
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2008, 11:37:54 am »
It is funny that it is always people who do not own BMW's who start sh!t threads like this.

If the same was being done, claiming the KTM 640 to be a commuter/tourer, i would have the same concerns. Again, its about the marketing and business ethics.

I like BMs, and I like most of their owners......i just dont think the perception being created is reasonable.

:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:
I don't think you have any idea of what you are talking about.
Maybe do a couple of Google searches on what  ABS is and how it works before posting crap like that.
 :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:

Offline Operator

• is a Forum Vendor and a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Official Vendor
    • Vendor
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2008, 11:44:08 am »
I had a BM and it was awesome. Now I R riding a Zook and it R more awesomer. They cannot have a Zook offroad challange, cause they cannot find terrain that is challenging enough.  :pot:
Apparently the reason they sent a probe to Mars

Excellent post.

Me and you can boldy go where no (some) GS can go on our Zooks................and the best part about it is that me and you don't stand around and make small talk to justify our choice of bike.

It is so lekka to stand on the sideline and listen to all this shit and not being involved. ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Lito

• BANNED TROLL
  • Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • BANNED TROLL
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2008, 11:46:51 am »
i just wish Hylton would ride that fooking zookee.

Ja, he alost won a very short course barrel race, but my goodness man, how embarrassing to come anywhere else on a bike that weighs less than the taxbills on my desk.

I wonder if riding a fookinzookey goes hand in hand with a dopmeester?

:pot:

hehehaha - what fun :ricky:

Offline Smithey

• RIP
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Njam Njam Njam
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2008, 11:47:31 am »
A lot of entrants have had prior MX experiences.

Ive seen this a lot. Its comforting sometimes when you get left in the dust to find out later that the rider has 10+ years MX riding under his belt.

Offline popipants

• I came; I saw; I slept
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2008, 11:48:43 am »
There would always be more casualties and broken bikes at a GS challenge than the KTM rally raid.
And it has nothing to do with either bikes. The average skill at the raid is higher at the GS challenge.

A lot of people who is entering the bike market for the first time knows nothing about bikes.
They all flock to BMW. Because the brand is more widely known than KTM's. And has a much better reputation in the market.
KTM has a big brand following in the biking community. But LOTS of non biking people does not even know what a
KTM is.
That means more newbies will ride BMW's. Thus the ave. skill level is down.
So they will fall more and break the bikes more. This is no reflection on the bike or its abilities.

Disselboom

« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2008, 11:50:15 am »
Mint R 1200 GS to swop for DRZ 400.To make it fair I'll settle for an oldish DRZ... :biggrin: