690 Front Brake Troubles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aka.Goliath

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
I really hope someone can help me with this one.

At the start of a ride or when cooled my front brake lever feels good with some leverage before it kicks in however when I start using the front brake it starts firming up to almost no movement before it kicks in. I'm worried it will keep going till and can't unlock the brake.

I once had an issue with the brakes before. It appeared the master cylinder was over filled by the dealer on a service. It would keep fading until I had no brakes, so I kept on adjusting it to gain back some brakes. Long story short. I had a look at it when home after the long trip and in the process removed some fluid and it was just fine after that and needed to be adjusted back to where it originally was.

Now I have much the opposite. I've tried adjusting the lever, filling with new fluid, flushed the system with new fluid, filled it up, removed fluid. Nothing has made a difference, it keeps on doing the same thing.

Any advise would be appreciated!