Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: BMW GS helmet deteriorating  (Read 1720 times)

Offline Sonny

Re: BMW GS helmet deteriorating
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2018, 09:50:34 am »
Its amazing how the level of service can differ between dealerships. I agree with others about Auto Alpina, i bought a new GS from them in 2005 and the service was fantastic back then.
The problem with BMW accessories are that they are overpriced in SA............entry level gear gets sold for top dollar. I used to have some or other (new) BMW systems helmet years ago when i bought into the "lifestyle", but truth be told it was a piece of shit that i paid way too much for. I ended up buying an Airoh S4 (at half the cost) to replace it. Now i ride with the S5.

Btw.....can one not just contact BMW SA to sort out these Clearwater moegoes?

Offline X-Factor#03

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2018, 10:00:20 am »
Its amazing how the level of service can differ between dealerships. I agree with others about Auto Alpina, i bought a new GS from them in 2005 and the service was fantastic back then.
The problem with BMW accessories are that they are overpriced in SA............entry level gear gets sold for top dollar. I used to have some or other (new) BMW systems helmet years ago when i bought into the "lifestyle", but truth be told it was a piece of shit that i paid way too much for. I ended up buying an Airoh S4 (at half the cost) to replace it. Now i ride with the S5.

I hear you and I agree to an extent. Things like the expensive BMW jackets are worth every cent for example.
My issue is way passed Clearwater as I have contacted BMW SA and they agree with Clearwater which is the main reason I'm so p*ssed off. So my fight is against Clearwater and BMW SA.
I visited Auto Alpina yesterday (who is my local dealer) and they are helping me to resolve this. I'm hoping to have better feedback soon because I was ready to part ways with BMW (which I would dread because I absolutely love my GS Adventure LC).

Offline Sonny

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2018, 12:14:35 pm »
Oh dear......thats just no good!!!
I dont see the point in BMW fighting this issue when(as has been mentioned) all they need to do really is replace the lining.

I hope this gets resolved soon.

The following users thanked this post: X-Factor#03

Offline Edgar

• The ultimate
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2018, 01:04:26 pm »

I hear you and I agree to an extent. Things like the expensive BMW jackets are worth every cent for example.
My issue is way passed Clearwater as I have contacted BMW SA and they agree with Clearwater which is the main reason I'm so p*ssed off. So my fight is against Clearwater and BMW SA.
I visited Auto Alpina yesterday (who is my local dealer) and they are helping me to resolve this. I'm hoping to have better feedback soon because I was ready to part ways with BMW (which I would dread because I absolutely love my GS Adventure LC).

I don't want to hi-jack your thread, but your comment on BMW jackets made me think about my Savannah 2 jacket. Jacket was only used a couple of times and this is what happened......

Poor quality, or poor quality control. Don't get me wrong I love the jacket, but you don't expect this from an expensive brand.
BMW MOTORRAD ABENTEUER

Offline X-Factor#03

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2018, 01:12:20 pm »

I don't want to hi-jack your thread, but your comment on BMW jackets made me think about my Savannah 2 jacket. Jacket was only used a couple of times and this is what happened......

Poor quality, or poor quality control. Don't get me wrong I love the jacket, but you don't expect this from an expensive brand.
Anything that we pay for (not to mention pay GOOD money for) that does not live up to the price must and can be complained about. I for one am tired of just "letting things go". In SA we must just sit back and watch how our hard earned tax money is spent (read: stolen) on the luxuries of the government. So I have taken a stand against this helmet issue of mine as a matter of principle.

Then some feedback. It appears that my local BMW branch, Auto Alpina, has decided that they will replace my cheek padding at their cost which is one hell of a nice gesture considering that this particular helmet was not bought through them. So for that I thank them. I am however still not saying a single damn good word about Clearwater because they remain a bunch of pricks. I am still awaiting the approved anti-fog visor that was deemed to be replaced but these guys are just ignoring my emails.

Offline Edgar

• The ultimate
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2018, 01:17:13 pm »
I am glad you got your cheek pads sorted. Just sad to hear you had to fight that hard.
BMW MOTORRAD ABENTEUER

The following users thanked this post: X-Factor#03