BMW GS helmet deteriorating

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X-Factor#03

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Good day fellow hogs,

I am currently sitting with a bit of a "war" with BMW with regards to my helmet's "cheek pads" that are deteriorating and I was wondering if anybody else ever encountered this problem.
Details & History:
1. Bought a brand new GS adventure helmet from BMW Clearwater. I am not even gonna go into what I think about the Clearwater branch because their service (or lack thereof) and product has just made my life hell from the get go.
2. After using the helmet for only a couple of months I noticed that the "cheek padding' started to "bubble" or "melt" or whatever you want to call it and I notified BMW Clearwater about it. They suggested that I bring the helmet in for inspection.
3. After inspecting the helmet and corresponding with BMW's warranty manager I was told that "I did something to the helmet because it was subjected to extreme heat".
4. Obviously this infuriated me because I take pride in taking care of my belongings and now I'm being blamed for some "extreme heat" argument that makes no sense to me. The helmet is brand new and in an immaculate condition with the exclusion of the two cheek pads.

As it stands I've hit a dead-end with Clearwater and I've received correspondence from BMW SA's client service that all correct channels were followed and they will not be repairing of replacing the cheek padding.

To me this is a load of BS seeing that the helmet was not subjected to anything besides being on my head while riving. No "extreme heat" was encountered so their feedback really is pathetic.

Attached some pictures from a few months ago, they look way worse currently.

Has anybody encountered a similar event?
Any BMW employees that can shed some light on the subject because as it stands BMW has made an enemy from one of their biggest fans?
Any advise on the matter would be appreciated.

I cannot accept that a R10k brand new helmet can give me so many problems.

Regards

Attachments

• Helmet 1.jpg
    Helmet 1.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 450
  • Helmet 2.jpg
    Helmet 2.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 443