Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: AT accident need help with assessor or good honda dealer JHB  (Read 350 times)

Offline Bebob

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
AT accident need help with assessor or good honda dealer JHB
« on: November 27, 2018, 08:47:22 am »
Hi guys

I need some help, had a bit of a crash on Sunday, bike right footpeg hit a rock (that I thought I missed...rookie mistake but didn't) footpeg broke, lost control and crash on the left side. It only looks like the fearing is stuffed, but who knows as I broke my arm and my current residential address is hospital. (so have not had a chance to look at the bike myself yet)

Well that aside let's talk about people/honda in JHB north/west that can help me with taking the bike asses it and repair it when insurance pay.

Thanks for the help

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Re: AT accident need help with assessor or good honda dealer JHB
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 08:55:09 am »
Honda West rand, stay away from Sandton

Sorry for the oopsie.
:paw:

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

The following users thanked this post: Bebob

Offline ClimbingTurtle

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • Give It Horns - Save Our Rhino's
    • Majita Tool Supplies
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 08:58:02 am »
Cant help with the info, but hope you heal quickly and its not too serious!!
www.majita.co.za - we sell tools!

"And if I knew I was going to be this thirsty, I would have drunk more last night"

2010 R1200GS Adventure SOLD - 2007 BMW G650x  - 2001 F650GS Dak SOLD - 1981 XT500 - 1980 XT500 - Gone to Mud Island for a better life with Roadcat the Lordly, Keeper of the Mead...!

Offline Operator

• is a Forum Vendor and a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Official Vendor
    • Vendor
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 09:11:30 am »
Hi guys

I need some help, had a bit of a crash on Sunday, bike right footpeg hit a rock (that I thought I missed...rookie mistake but didn't) footpeg broke, lost control and crash on the left side. It only looks like the fearing is stuffed, but who knows as I broke my arm and my current residential address is hospital. (so have not had a chance to look at the bike myself yet)

Well that aside let's talk about people/honda in JHB north/west that can help me with taking the bike asses it and repair it when insurance pay.

Thanks for the help

The insurance is not going to pay without one of their own assessors viewing the bike and assessing the damage.
Its not like you can just repair the bike and send them the bill to pay......

Just register a claim with your insurer and let your broker take take control while you are in hospital.......
Let the insurance people do what they do. Let them repair your damaged bike.
The insurance will pay for your bike to be towed/collected and taken to the Honda dealership.

If the bike is still under warranty, it needs to be repaired by an official Honda dealership anyway, otherwise your
warranty will be void.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 09:13:13 am by Operator »

Offline Bebob

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 10:51:13 am »
hi, I'm not with a broker, it's through outsurance the guy said must send the bike in and send photos and cost. I also find it a bit weird.

The bike is still under warranty so I will try honda Westrand.

Thanks for the info.

Hi guys

Thanks for the help

The insurance is not going to pay without one of their own assessors viewing the bike and assessing the damage.
Its not like you can just repair the bike and send them the bill to pay......

Just register a claim with your insurer and let your broker take take control while you are in hospital.......
Let the insurance people do what they do. Let them repair your damaged bike.
The insurance will pay for your bike to be towed/collected and taken to the Honda dealership.

If the bike is still under warranty, it needs to be repaired by an official Honda dealership anyway, otherwise your
warranty will be void.

Offline ktmmer

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 10:53:18 am »
Let us know how it goes with Outsurance.

Offline Catchy

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 02:09:37 pm »
Speak to Runner at Offroad Cycles, he has done a number of insurance jobs on the new Africa Twins.
012-3336443
Always keep your "kant" clean !

The following users thanked this post: Bebob