I give up!!! - Suzuki DRZ250 - Updated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inprogress

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
Below is the whole saga of my little problem. I give up. Nothing gives me a difinitive answer which gets me on my feet and ordering the part I need, whichever part that is. SO! Who has a ton of experience or knows of someone with a ton of experience that can have a look at my horse here in the Friendly City, Port Elizabeth, or Uitenhage for that matter?

The bike does the following: It starts fine, it idles fine, it runs fine...for about 10 minutes then the engine starts sputtering. I struggles to go uphill (not up embankments, haven't tried). The RPM counter shows that the rpm's drop about roughly 1000 to 2000 rpms depending on the count for a fraction of a second. It also runs fine up and down the rpms when in neutral. It would be best to ride the bike yourself to know what it does. ACE tested the spark coil and rectifier and they are fine. I think it might be the pick up pulse coil, but what do I know, honestly? Any suggestions. I don't mind buying the part, but don't want to buy a part only for the problem to remain.

How are all the Dawgz doing? Crabs, we met, but you thought you where talking to Herms, for that I appologise, I should've at least asked if we have met before.

For all of you who own a DR or DRZ up from 2000, I have a problem with my side stand switch. There is two electronic bits that is part of this side stand kill switch system. The Relay assembly (R210) and what I can only deduct is a AND valve (its a diode that needs an electrical current from two sources before it opens), which funny enough costs R2100. The thing is about as big as a 5c. Anyway, the relay assembly is making a buzzing noise, which is assumed to be indicating that its soul will be leaving the comforts of the motorcycle in the very near future.

SO!? Has anyone of you in die DR clan, removed the entire sidestand system and how have you done it? I know many just remove the switch at the side stand, but for me it does not seem to be that simple. IF I'm gonna pay R210 for a relay and it turns out the diode is shot, then I want the whole safety system removed. I haven't checked the wiring origins and destinations yet, but my hope it that some one else has removed this American safety system.

Other than that, my jerky ride of recent has caused me to remove my carb and give it a thorough clean, and replacing the fuel. It did seem to solve the problem of a jerky ride last night, but it started up again this morning after about 20kms of travel. And since we (Herms and me) noticed this buzzing sound, we have a pretty good idea that it is the cause of the whows. Any help?

I only heard the dawgz name is Mike, the one that rides it like its stolen DRZ400. What is the repair cost buying you, the R12,000? What happend to the beast?