Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: It seems that a neck brace does save necks.  (Read 3702 times)

Offline Brucet

• Bike: BMW (all models)
Re: It seems that a neck brace does save necks.
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2019, 07:58:30 pm »
Was said in jest, brucet ...........  :biggrin:

Ok👍
BMW 1250 GS Adv HP

Online Kortbroek

« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2019, 08:36:09 pm »
Some more fuel on the fire. I went for a lekker ride this weekend and I guess combination of the heat and my mood I decided to ride without my neck brace. Still wore everything else. Now normally I don't really notice my brace when riding, or at least I thought I didn't. I can honestly say I was a 100% more comfortable on the bike and moving around on the bike easier without it on. Now I still think they are effective at preventing injury, my crash a few years was fairly convincing  :lol8:, but I do get the point people make about them being restrictive movement wise. It actually makes sense to me now why many of the top racers opt out of wearing one.

So I guess it is not that 100% clear cut, I'm a bit in two minds if I'll keep using my neck brace or not. Maybe I have a bit higher risk without it, but at the same time I ride to enjoy myself and I'm already feeling overburdened by all the kit.

As a mountaineer I know once said, "It's got to be safe, but it's also got to be fun"  :thumleft:
- you reckon that thing will pop a wheelie? We're about to find out, SLAP that pig!

Offline Warren Ellwood

« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2019, 01:22:29 pm »
I find myself in the same boat. Spent a weekend on the WR250F two weeks ago riding in the mountains, so it was more slow going, not much outright speed, but when I was getting ready, I decided to not only leave the neck brace behind but also the whole Leat body armor contraption, so went off with just elbow guards, knee guards and kidney belt and I have never been more comfortable.

With regards to the bigger bike, I haven't ridden without it for so long I cannot remember what it felt like pre brace, however, I am too contemplating whether I will use it in the future.

"Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, and does it improve on the silence?"

Online ETS

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure S
  • Die Punda van Prieska
« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2019, 12:45:48 pm »
Mmmmm jaaaa the kudu i hit was not wearing one and broke its neck. Sooo i reckon it could have worked :peepwall: :pot:
If i had to explain you would not understand anyway......

Online 2StrokeDan

• I've been to paradise, but i've never been to me....
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2019, 04:01:16 pm »
Mmmmm jaaaa the kudu i hit was not wearing one and broke its neck. Sooo i reckon it could have worked :peepwall: :pot:

Or maybe it wore a brace designed for a Gemsbok. :ricky: :pot:

The following users thanked this post: ETS