Royal Enfield talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TVB

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL650V Transalp
Let's talk Royal Enfield here :)

Always liked them in since I may go to the Himalayas next year for a few weeks as medic I am watching YouTube vids about the highest pass in the world!!

It is something like 5300m above sea level and a tad higher than Base-camp 'Everest'

So I see most prefer either the 500Bullet or the 411cc Himalayan
Maybe for nostalgia which I absolutely get.

These bikes are no way near perfect but 'the best for the job'  :3some: 8)

Each to his own, I like to live a simple life. Even if I had money I would have lived a simple life.
For a short while (years back) i have owned new Triumph and it was great but then my wife left, contract ended and it was the end of a short lived 'bling' but still; my best biking was on old Z750 an GS550E, DR200 and KLR650

So unfortunately Royal Enfield is not taking off because I believe it can't make emissions regulations and also because there are not many bikers that like basic simple engineering, or am I wrong?

Apparently reliability was/is a non issue as it warns you (like most bikes) that something needs attention and normally you can fix that at the next stop or end of the trip.
It seems this old tech bikes needs an owner that is a bit technically minded but nothing serious.

Yes and then it is underpowered relative to let's say a modern 500 but the guy that goes for an Enfield could not care less right! :lol8:

Yes I like them, and would like to hear of owners and ex owners and wannabe owners  :peepwall:

There was tour opperator in the Cape that was running a small fleet of Enfield 350, so I know there are more people that like this legendary brand.