Mthonjaneni breakfast run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karel84

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki Versys
G'day Dogs.

So on the 21st of December, a few work mates and I set off from Richards Bay to Mthonjaneni Lodge about 20kms outside Melmoth in KZN.

We all got set at the local Caltex and left just after 6am to pick up one more troop in Empangeni. Myself on my NC 700 X, along with 2x bandit 650's, an R1 and a CB1000R.

Stopped in Empangeni, picked up the last member on his DR650 and we were off. Being the festive season, the ride through town was nuts, if not dangerous! Taxis creating 4 EXTRA lanes where there are only 3 to start with, cars cutting each other off and padestrians all over the show, we took it easy... No rush.

Once we were out of town, things calmed down and we were enjoying the fresh air, cruising at about 120km/h.

A few stops for the smoker and two awesome mountain passes later, we arrived at the lodge to a warm greeting from the owner and an amazing spread at the buffet table. Cereals, bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, you name it... And the clincher : filter coffee! The food was great, so too was the service. And the scenery with the blue mountains in the distance could have you staring into the distance for hours...

After an hour or so of having 'one last time up' and talking a LOAD of nonsense, we set off again.

Down the passes was even better than coming up and with not many incidents (aside from the CB losing its power commander), we all agreed it had been a successful ride out.

This is only the second year we've all gone for a ride together, but the fact that I can't stop thinking about it, means it will surely turn into an annual event and I'm already looking forward to the next one!

Sent from my SNE-LX2 using Tapatalk