Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Video: motorcycle blind spots  (Read 252 times)

Offline Grunder

• Muscles can't buy mad dog!
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
Video: motorcycle blind spots
« on: December 24, 2018, 12:20:27 pm »
Nice to keep our knowledge up to scratch on keeping visible and knowing where we are invisible.

https://youtu.be/x94PGgYKHQ0

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

bmw 800gs
honda nc700 (sold)
vuka 110 (sold)

The following users thanked this post: Wheelman, Bligw

Offline Weedkiller - Adie

Re: Video: motorcycle blind spots
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 04:30:23 pm »
When we go for motorcycle license training we get bombarded with LOOK left LOOK right and we think 'If I can just pass this shit' not realizing the the additional safety aspect.

I will always tell fellow riders to make a exaggerated effort to look before changing lanes etc etc.  Like the guy said, the car driver will see "This twit is gonna fall of his bike" and will be super aware of you.  I look them straight in the eyes if possible.

So glad I don't commute.

Adie
Laat ons Stof maak.

Offline Twinman

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 08:49:05 pm »
Very interesting thank you. One of the first things I was taught when I started motorcycling was to always ride as if I was invisible to everybody. It was difficult in the beginning, but today I am glad. I started driving my car like that too. Ride safe fellow dogs, especially during this festive season.
Never underestimate an old biker who was born in May

Offline Bligw

• Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Can't stop smiling
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 11:52:09 pm »
Thanks for the video. Makes you think.  :thumleft:

Offline Roxtar

• REV IT UP
  • Bike: Honda XR650L
  • Aka Sprocket Face
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 12:26:59 pm »
When we go for motorcycle license training we get bombarded with LOOK left LOOK right and we think 'If I can just pass this shit' not realizing the the additional safety aspect.

I will always tell fellow riders to make a exaggerated effort to look before changing lanes etc etc.  Like the guy said, the car driver will see "This twit is gonna fall of his bike" and will be super aware of you.  I look them straight in the eyes if possible.

So glad I don't commute.

Adie

You missing out a lot each and every weekday then Adie, highligjht of each day is starting the bike up and hitting the road... BEST advice EVER is to ride like invisible, saves me at least once every week ;) :thumleft:
Long live the Underdog.........

Offline Grunder

• Muscles can't buy mad dog!
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 01:38:18 pm »

So glad I don't commute.

Adie

You missing out a lot each and every weekday then Adie, highligjht of each day is starting the bike up and hitting the road... BEST advice EVER is to ride like invisible, saves me at least once every week ;) :thumleft:

I concur
bmw 800gs
honda nc700 (sold)
vuka 110 (sold)