Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Rhino/Feedback Park  (Read 442 times)

Offline Antonie

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Rhino/Feedback Park
« on: January 02, 2019, 11:42:33 am »
I've never been to any of these two parks. What do they offer? We are looking to go somewhere this week to practise some (lack of) skills and mess around.

Ideally obstacles would be great and if there is a track/out ride available even better.

Any experience at these venues?

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Offline Dwerg

Re: Rhino/Feedback Park
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 12:19:28 pm »
Never been to feedback but I've been to rhino plenty. They have an easy outride, roughly 20kms, another loop that is a little more challenging about the same kind of distance, a beach section with thick sand, a sandy mx track and some small ruts/climbs. Most of it is very easy on a dirt bike but almost all of it is a workout on a big bike. What bike do you want to do it on? I am still nursing an injury otherwise I'd go show you around

Wise Web Worx

Honda: CRF230 x 2, CRF450X, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail; BMW: G450X, F800GS, F650GS Twin, F650GS Single, R50/2; KTM: 250XCW, 690R RS, 640ADV, 950ADV; Yamaha: BWS x 2, Chappy

Offline Antonie

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 12:49:29 pm »
Never been to feedback but I've been to rhino plenty. They have an easy outride, roughly 20kms, another loop that is a little more challenging about the same kind of distance, a beach section with thick sand, a sandy mx track and some small ruts/climbs. Most of it is very easy on a dirt bike but almost all of it is a workout on a big bike. What bike do you want to do it on? I am still nursing an injury otherwise I'd go show you around
Hi Dwerg, thanks! Much appreciated, would love to be shown around sometime if you don't mind messing about with guys way under your skill level (I saw your video blasting down that railway).

How is your foot healing up? That was a moerova injury!

We are going on 1200 GSA's, will be a challenge but we're up for it.

Offline TheBear

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 12:55:12 pm »
I haven't been to Rhino Park for some years so it may have changed, but we used to do a lot of quad riding there.  There is a bit of everything the off-road rider would ask for.  Well worth at least one visit.
.#BRADICAL!

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 01:07:48 pm »
Hi Dwerg, thanks! Much appreciated, would love to be shown around sometime if you don't mind messing about with guys way under your skill level (I saw your video blasting down that railway).

How is your foot healing up? That was a moerova injury!

We are going on 1200 GSA's, will be a challenge but we're up for it.

Foot is getting there slowly but surely thanks. It will be months before I can attempt riding off road though.

We've had plenty of guys there on big bikes. The southern loop is doable by pretty much any skill level on any bike. The rest is a little more challenging but still very doable. It can get quite hectic after lots of rain so I'd avoid it this coming weekend for instance. Rhino is where myself and a lot of other dogs practised skills and confidence on the big bikes. Riding fast is part mental retardation, but mostly just practice  :ricky:

Maybe @MonkeyNot can show you guys around some time. I'd probably join too and do some boerie rolls on the braai while you guys are riding   :thumleft:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 01:08:58 pm by Dwerg »
Wise Web Worx

Honda: CRF230 x 2, CRF450X, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail; BMW: G450X, F800GS, F650GS Twin, F650GS Single, R50/2; KTM: 250XCW, 690R RS, 640ADV, 950ADV; Yamaha: BWS x 2, Chappy

Offline Partyranger

• Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 06:29:27 pm »
When are you guys planning to go ride? I would also like to do a ride or 2 before work starts next week.  :'(
KTM 690 Rally- more smiles per miles than any car.

Offline Antonie

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 08:50:37 pm »
When are you guys planning to go ride? I would also like to do a ride or 2 before work starts next week.  :'(
Currently looking at Friday

Offline Partyranger

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 01:12:19 pm »
Ok I will let you know, although rhino park has a lot of black cotton clay soils so it can be very messy with all the rain. I would try avoid the black soil areas if possible.

Offline Antonie

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 08:11:48 pm »
Ok I will let you know, although rhino park has a lot of black cotton clay soils so it can be very messy with all the rain. I would try avoid the black soil areas if possible.
Cool, we are going to push our luck and try to fit both in the day. Feedback park first to check it out and mess around, see how it goes and then head to rhino if time allows. Unless feedback is too lekker, then we'll stay and give rhino a go another day.

Offline Partyranger

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 07:26:57 am »
More, ok looks like Iím going to miss the ride, have a few things I still need to sort this morning. 
Enjoy the ride.

Offline Vintage_Mania

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2019, 07:46:39 am »
Also check out Wolwekloof Enduro Trails. Very well run with lots of options depending on skill.

https://wolwekloofenduro.wordpress.com

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. And doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.

The following users thanked this post: DouglasN