Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: How is your seat and suspension set (for the bigger riders)  (Read 648 times)

Offline JABO

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Centurion
Re: How is your seat and suspension set (for the bigger riders)
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2019, 06:27:21 pm »
My seat is high front and back. Did not notice that is leans forwards but also got me thinking.
Suspension 2-up.
If i set suspension 1-up plus luggage it seems to push up too high and I get a slight vibration from the drive shaft as the angle is probably too much because of not enough weight on the bike. But touring with luggage there are no vibrations. Did any of you notice the vibrations. This is my 3rd GSA LC and all of them did the same.

JABO

I'm also riding my GSA on the 2-up setting, works well for me. I've noticed a fine vibration when coming off the throttle. Are you getting the vibration while cruising, accelerating / decelerating?

I'm new on the shaft scene (coming from KTM's), wouldn't want to cause excessive wear or something just because of a setting...
Yes on higher setting I definately get the slight vibrations. Normally at low speeds. 40-70kmh

Loaded up vibrations are gone.
Freedom is when you get to a T-junction and think to yourself.
AAAAAAAAAAAAGH I think I'll go left.

www.riot-gear.co.za

Offline Ysbeer6

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2019, 12:19:20 pm »
My seat is high front and back. Did not notice that is leans forwards but also got me thinking.
Suspension 2-up.
If i set suspension 1-up plus luggage it seems to push up too high and I get a slight vibration from the drive shaft as the angle is probably too much because of not enough weight on the bike. But touring with luggage there are no vibrations. Did any of you notice the vibrations. This is my 3rd GSA LC and all of them did the same.

JABO

I'm also riding my GSA on the 2-up setting, works well for me. I've noticed a fine vibration when coming off the throttle. Are you getting the vibration while cruising, accelerating / decelerating?

I'm new on the shaft scene (coming from KTM's), wouldn't want to cause excessive wear or something just because of a setting...
Yes on higher setting I definately get the slight vibrations. Normally at low speeds. 40-70kmh

Loaded up vibrations are gone.

JABO/Ian

Thanks for your comments. Vibration because of the shaft's angle at a higher setting makes sense, mine doesn't feel different though between 1up and 2up settings. In both settings there's definitely a vibration when coming off the throttle. This might be normal, I don't know. On the KTM's you get used to all sorts of vibrations, not sure on the GS what's normal and what not. It's fitted with Anakee Wilds, not sure if these can have an influence...? Maybe best would be to ride another GS to compare...

Offline caconcepts

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
    • Canvas & Aluminium Concepts
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2019, 12:40:42 pm »
My seat settings are the same but I have added the wunderlich handlebar raisers to give me more movement in my arms. Without, I always felt like I was leaning to far forward and the old john thomas was riding the tankpad. Now I can sit back and we both can enjoy the ride.
DT50, XL500, F650GS Dakar, Honda NC700, F650CS, R1200GS, R1200GSA, K1200LT, G450X, G650XChallenge