The Story Of The Resurrection of Blitsie….

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClimbingTurtle

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
The Story Of The Resurrection of Blitsie….
But first lets look at who Blitsie is – or is it what Blitsie is….? Anyway,,,
Blitsie is a slightly war-torn & beaten 2007 G650 X-Challenge – used for the purpose created, ie: Adventure Riding!
Blitsie came into my position about 6 weeks ago, after I read an advert on this very fine Forum for a Gx with a shed-load of KMs on it, a heat-seized motor and the associated collateral damage that you pretty much expect from a bike that was properly used for 120,000km…. On visiting the previous owner, Blitsie was parked up under a tarp, under a carport, with the cylinder-head removed and a lotta stripped parts – not a great position to find the bike in, it always means that there will be additional work just finding out if there is gunk (or damage) hidden further down in the engine….. And, are all the parts even there…..?
Here be a few pics, but the damage is not really visible…

PIC1.1_zpsxemaelaq.jpeg

PIC1.2_zpskxadq5fx.jpeg

PIC1.3_zpskngnnlhk.jpeg

I took a few days to do a little research and also got a copy of the dealers quote to repair the damaged motor (quoted to fix heat-seized components), and checked a few sources and decided to make an offer….. Anyway, offer was declined, and I was basically told that I can either pay the asking price or the owner will strip and sell the components (she had offers on some of the parts prior to my acquisition….)  - so, I paid on a whim, a hope and a prayer and the owner very kindly delivered the broken bike, parts, papers, some spares and the instruction to keep the lightning stickers on the forks – and here he is – a little forlorn, granted…

PIC1.4_zpslupjskqk.jpeg

PIC1.5_zpsyttjtm9r.jpeg

PIC1.6_zpspjidgtdn.jpeg