Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: The UAE...  (Read 7381 times)

Offline Skaiidawg

Re: The UAE...
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2019, 01:07:34 pm »
The beast from above

Courtesy from Grizz: In this day and age religion is often frowned upon, but I have met some of the most amazing people from various religions over time.
From Buddhists to Sikhs, through Muslims and Christians and everything in between, there are many good people out there and if you do not allow yourself to be swayed by petulant religious opinion, the world is an awesome place with the odd idiot in between trying to make it rubbish for others.

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2019, 01:21:06 pm »
A series of satellite & progress pictures

This picture was before any ground were broken

Not a satellite picture - 28 September 2016

17 August 2017

28 November 2017......If you look closely you will see me standing in the pic below on the dark/black patch waving…….. :peepwall:

Courtesy from Grizz: In this day and age religion is often frowned upon, but I have met some of the most amazing people from various religions over time.
From Buddhists to Sikhs, through Muslims and Christians and everything in between, there are many good people out there and if you do not allow yourself to be swayed by petulant religious opinion, the world is an awesome place with the odd idiot in between trying to make it rubbish for others.

Offline Ri

• Stray DR Collector
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 Admirer
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2019, 03:53:12 pm »
An amoeba on its way to swallow something.  :o

Very cool pics, thanks! :thumleft:
Tales of the Purple Turtles: Ride Reports
PROJECT SAS WILDEHOND III Contributions: R Snyman Capitec Savings Account 1545860511 Balance (2017/12/07): R3005,00 - R1,600 for steel purchase

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #103 on: March 01, 2019, 12:41:47 pm »
Here is just general pictures from around the project.

Follow the Yellow wire...

The bridge that connects the terminal with the carpark – nice lines. Looks like the inside of a whale, as if I would know what the inside of a whale would look like. I am not Jonah

From the outside

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #104 on: March 01, 2019, 01:51:36 pm »
Another glass structure, not as elaborate as the 1st one, however still impressive – will be the entrance to a museum below.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 11:42:16 pm by Skaiidawg »

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2019, 02:11:49 pm »
To make this monstrosity operational there is a myriad of tests, scenarios, trials and what not that need to be done. I will try to put here as to what and how this will be done.

As a side note imagine all the cleaning that need to be done prior to these checks and tests to be done, blimey it’s not going to be a quick spring clean action. “Son bring the Kirby and vacuum this dog shit from the carpet” is not going to cut the mustard. To give you an example, all the high level ceiling panels was/is wrapped in plastic to protect it from dust and what not. That plastic still need to be taken off from each panel and being carted away. The amount of dust and sand and kak is unbelievable.

The place also need to be “security swept” and declared secured. Al birds, cats, dogs, dinosaurs must/will be removed. 
Once the construction is done it’s like….flip the switch and viola it works…………NOT!!

Apart from the staff that need to be trained on all the systems in the building, the systems like wayfinding, FIDS, check-in, BHS, security, medical, routes etc etc……….. need to be checked and tested before operations.

Normal system checks. Then static system checks without “passengers” and real planes. Then people (volunteers) will act as passengers to go through the system and board planes, which will be pushed back ready for taxi to runway and take-off, however not really going to take-off.  These departing passengers will arrive via taxi, personal transportation or VIP limo to the various drop-off points or carpark then to find their way to the check-in desks, passport control and ultimately the boarding gates for embarkation. For arriving passengers once push-back is completed, the plane will dock again and the passengers will go through the system as arriving passengers, either as final destination travelers or as transit passengers. All these passengers are monitored to see if the system works or not and to rectify problems. These checks apply even to the taxi drivers to see if the external wayfinding is adequate. In excess of 700 people (passengers) will be used for these “live tests”

Certain passengers will be briefed beforehand to act scenarios, like medical situations or lost or late arrivals, lost kids, lost personal belongings etc etc…. I have asked if some of the Dawgs can be “passengers”, however the request was respectfully declined….I can’t understand why.

This is it for now. For all of you that have read the above and looked at the pictures you can consider yourself now “professional virtual airport constructors”. For a case of beer I can sertievaai you… :imaposer:

Hope you enjoyed it. Bon voyage.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 02:13:33 pm by Skaiidawg »

Offline I&horse

• You look like a
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • was Andy 950
« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2019, 03:17:33 pm »
Does UAE use nuclear reactors for power?
Silence is golden...... Duct tape is silver

Everything works with smoke, if the smoke escapes, it stops working.

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2019, 04:56:01 pm »
Does UAE use nuclear reactors for power?

They are using coal and gas. A nuclear power plant is being built now and nearing completion as far as I know.

Offline Ri

• Stray DR Collector
  • DR650 Admirer
« Reply #108 on: March 02, 2019, 04:01:45 pm »
An SCR (satellite communications room), there are more than 15 of these rooms scattered through-out the building.

Nice little bitcoin server farm set up there... and you say you have access to a few?  :sip: :deal:

Looks fascinating. Human endeavour is astounding!
PROJECT SAS WILDEHOND III Contributions: R Snyman Capitec Savings Account 1545860511 Balance (2017/12/07): R3005,00 - R1,600 for steel purchase

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #109 on: March 02, 2019, 04:51:11 pm »

Nice little bitcoin server farm set up there... and you say you have access to a few?  :sip: :deal:

When I posted that picture I was thinking that it would give you a nice warm feeling..... :imaposer: :imaposer:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 04:51:44 pm by Skaiidawg »

Offline Ri

• Stray DR Collector
  • DR650 Admirer
« Reply #110 on: March 02, 2019, 07:14:47 pm »

When I posted that picture I was thinking that it would give you a nice warm feeling..... :imaposer: :imaposer:

:laughing4: :spitcoffee: 
Speaking of nice warm feeling, they could probably heat up a small country with the output from that server room :o

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2019, 12:27:59 pm »
There is a mall around every corner. All of them offer the same, however some of them have beautiful architecture.

This is the Wafi Mall in Dubai with an Egyptian Pharaoh inspired decor.

I was trying to do a "arty-farty" style pic.

This picture below made me think of our @KiLRoy , mods and members....... :peepwall:

Way back in ancient Egypt, they already had bike owners in mind.

KTM owners, pure bred, Ready to Race... yes they got it right.... :ricky: :ricky:

The Yamaha owners checking that the long awaited T7 is being crated..... :peepwall:

Honda owners checking for oil leaks...

And the moment the BMW owner realise there is no muffins or "On Call" service available...... :pot:

« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 12:35:06 pm by Skaiidawg »

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2019, 12:32:05 pm »
Of course the roof is in the shape of a pyramid, what did you expect?

Taken directly from underneath...

Offline Ri

• Stray DR Collector
  • DR650 Admirer
« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2019, 04:52:06 pm »
Beautiful, opulent and OTT :o

Good exposition of the chariot scenes :peepwall: :imaposer:

The following users thanked this post: Skaiidawg

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2019, 02:59:32 am »
I love it  :thumleft:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

The following users thanked this post: Skaiidawg

Offline Fudmucker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Aka "Wrinkled Rocker" in a past life
« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2019, 05:13:09 am »
VERY unusual to see images of humans and animals in an Islamic building setting...
They are seriously opposed to idols.
HEADS ARE AN ADMIRABLE ADDICTION !
Life is far too short to be taken too seriously.
I am far too short to be taken too seriously.

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2019, 07:06:02 pm »
VERY unusual to see images of humans and animals in an Islamic building setting...
They are seriously opposed to idols.

What are you talking about?

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2019, 07:43:54 pm »
The company I work for is constructing 2 Reverse Osmosis plants. The 1 that is under construction at the moment will be able to produce 210ML per Day. The other will be able to produce 610MLD.

The size of the intake pipes..1.8 DIA ....there is 3 of them!

« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 07:45:22 pm by Skaiidawg »

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2019, 07:28:04 am »
A nice timelapse I found on the web. Just a tip... turn the volume DOWN please.

The following users thanked this post: Sardine

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #119 on: March 30, 2019, 09:08:02 pm »
As you know the UAE is a Muslim country and have strict laws regarding gambling, alcohol, prostitution etc. Well these are the methods being used to advertise their services.......

And here is someone that need a little more radio reception.